PDA

View Full Version : Minivan ashtray light

Lee'sdaytona
08-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Hey everyone,
Does that light by the ashtray with the switch next to the lighter work in your vans? I replaced the bulb in mine, and it doesn't work even with the key on. I didn't check fuses, but everything else works, and I don't think they would put that on its own circuit? Although my dome lights don't come on only when I open the hatch....
-Lee

turbovanmanČ
08-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Yep, mine works perfectly, :thumb:

Darkwolf
08-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Mine just started working after I pulled the center console out to do some stereo stuff. I unhooked all the wiring and when I hooked it back up the map/cig light and the one in the bottom storage bin started working again.

Lee'sdaytona
08-10-2006, 07:30 PM
weird....my bottom light works...the cig lighter works....I guess when I pull it apart for the 5-spd conversion I'll mess with it...
-Lee

DeckSetter
08-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Mine doesn't work either. It worked when I got the van 6 months ago, but quit sometime or other. Van's been parked half the time I've had it.

The one in van #2 doesn't work either................. because the dash isn't there anymore

Lee'sdaytona
08-20-2006, 04:05 PM
I notice the whole console moves a bit when I go over bumps. Maybe one of the wires back there came unhooked?
-Lee

DeckSetter
08-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Check the mount bolts on the floor bracket. Mine loosened up, one fell clear out, and the whole console started to shift to the side.

Lee'sdaytona
08-20-2006, 11:49 PM
they are tight. I had to remove them when i first got the van to install my infinaty AM/FM/CD/CASS player:thumb:....so I know I tightened them. I'll just have to remember to look into the issue when I remove it to do the stick shift conversion
-Lee