PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about selling\trading...

neonsox
08-29-2012, 09:09 AM
With the winter coming up and my new daughter in mind, I've been thinking about whether or not I want to hang on to the Lancer. It has been a great car, still runs mint, still looks mint, and I consider it to be a time capsule from my youth. I just don't have time to drive it and my wife's Highlander is over the 130,000 mile mark so I'm starting to think about something new for her. I've also been more interested in my Charger R/T lately as it gets most of my attention.

I know these cars don't fetch much even though NADA lists it anywhere from $6,700 to $14k, and I'm in no hurry to sell. What should I ask for it? Do trades ever work out? I'm looking for either a Jeep Grand Cherokee or a Durango with low miles, AWD. What would you do?

Edit: For context, it's Shelby Lancer #63. 90k miles.

1BADVAN
10-21-2012, 04:59 PM
For what i have seen i have never seen one go for more than $4500. Lancers seem to be unpopular

cordes
10-21-2012, 09:25 PM
For what i have seen i have never seen one go for more than $4500. Lancers seem to be unpopular

Indeed. They are perhaps the hardest sell of the lot. The 87' S cars don't fetch much for what they are IMO and neither do the Daks for the most part. I've always thought the Lancer hit it's segment well, but that it didn't make a hit with most of the true enthusiasts for multiple reasons. Being heavier and 4 door takes away what many come to these cars for.