PDA

View Full Version : Design me a new exhaust for a 2005 2.7 V6 Stratus.

Tim
08-28-2012, 11:40 PM
I am looking at an '05 Stratus 4 door with the 2.7 V6, and I was thinking of doing a few mild improvements for a little extra power. Mildly ported / polished heads and intake, maybe a bit bigger throttle body, and a better exhaust system.

I do not want a riceboy loud exhaust, just something that flows a bit better than stock for +5 to +10 hp if possible.

I was thinking of going one size larger on the pipes off the manifolds, and removing the 2 stock manifold cats and Y piping it into one Walker high flow 2-1/2" cat behind the engine. Then making the rest of the exhaust maybe 2-1/4" or 2-1/2" with a Dynomax Super turbo muffler or something else that will flow but still be mostly quiet.

I personally could not care less about emissions, but the thing will eventually be registered in California, so it has to pass that BS, or I need to find a friendly mechanic I can just bribe with some cash in the Los Angeles area. Or would CA mechanics crap their pants because the stock cats were removed to put in one larger one? Surely someone knows someone, right?:thumb:

How are the stock cats on a 2.7 for flow? I'd like to get that heat out of the engine compartment if I could.

turbovanmanČ
08-29-2012, 03:30 AM
Not sure you can remove the 2 cats as IIRC, they each have ox sensors to keep track of them for OBD2, so you'd have to trick them if you went that route.

The rear pipe off the manifold is shaped weird, could be tricky to redo.

Otherwise what you suggest should work, maybe a Flowmaster would be a better choice, :eyebrows: