PDA

View Full Version : Question on setting up coilovers?

turbovanmanČ
08-10-2006, 02:01 AM
I don't really know anything about setup but I seem to remember reading you setup up coilovers using a scale on each wheel? I thought you set them up so the ride height is where you want it? I am getting the itch to put the coil overs in my van after driving Wopr's car home tonight. :D

4cefedomni
08-11-2006, 08:13 PM
if you want it too handle at its best you should set it up so the weights at each corner are as close as possible to each other if you want it to look good put them where you like them i pretty much set mine as low as i can go before i start rubbing and it still handles great with the stiffer springs and lower c of g.

4cefedomni
08-11-2006, 08:15 PM
another plus is it takes no time at all at the track to raise up the rear to put more weight on the fronts

turbovanmanČ
08-12-2006, 03:12 AM
Well, on a van, you an only run front coilovers unless you make a custom rear suspension.

travis_k
08-12-2006, 05:51 PM
If you set the ride height where you want, it will be fine. Setting corner weights is more something for a road race/autocross type car than a van that you are going to drag race. It could help if you wanted to preload one side a little bit like i have seen people do with a wedge under one swaybar bushing.

Ground Rat
08-13-2006, 07:30 AM
Pics?

turbovanmanČ
08-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Pics?

Of what? lol! The coil overs or the van with them on? There Bilstein coil overs for a Shadow, Daytona with 12 inch Eibach springs rated at 300 lbs, :nod:

I am going to wait until I get the new Poly bushings for my cast arms then install them so I don't have to get 2 alignments done.