PDA

View Full Version : 88 Shadow $500

Sethyboy85
08-09-2006, 11:25 PM
88 shadow 2.2 t1 5speed, 75k, power windows, locks, sunroof, car is in great shape. needs motor which will come with car. it still runs and drives

Knocks like a mofo, has spare motor in back. It will drive away if I change the steering column (working on getting one) will throw in a turbo or two (mitsu)

pics available by email sethyboy2003 at hotmail.com

firebaron90
08-10-2006, 04:28 AM
Seth, is there any rust??? how much if you throw the motor in? Send picts to firebaron90@yahoo.com

Joe

Sethyboy85
08-10-2006, 06:51 PM
there wasn't anything major when I got it just light stuff here and there (typical of a car older than 10yrs)

hmmm throw the motor in...I would have to have at least half the asking price right now before I even began a project like that. Also I never ran this other motor so no gaurantees. I would drive the car how it is now within 250mi, shoot you could drop the oil pan and put a new bearing on and probably drive it further. It starts (when I do once every 2months or so) very quickly even though it blows oil from the HG.

pics will be sent. where are you?

firebaron90
08-10-2006, 09:02 PM
I live in philadelphia. I am looking for a car for my girlfriend. I would of course agree to buy it and send cash befor this endevor would take off. How's the tranny/clutch. Give me a breif lodown on the little things. Are we taling vacuum lines and hoses, FI lines, filters etc? Or more.

Joe

firebaron90
08-10-2006, 09:06 PM
I am 2 hs away. I was up in your area about a week ago on my way back from Tamaqua. I was at harry's and I made a slight detour down 81.

Joe

Sethyboy85
08-10-2006, 10:20 PM
I live in philadelphia. I am looking for a car for my girlfriend. I would of course agree to buy it and send cash befor this endevor would take off. How's the tranny/clutch. Give me a breif lodown on the little things. Are we taling vacuum lines and hoses, FI lines, filters etc? Or more.

Joe

little things? I would expect to replace some of the lines, change the filters, inspect the fuel lines (they were ok) I can go out and snag a recent pic of the engine bay...

the throttle cable is hooked up backwards or something it only has about 1/4 the the throttle available (guess so you don't blow it up) but like I said it ran and drove just fine in 30F weather with no heat back in february when I picked it up.

If you were serious about coming out and driving it home I would put a battery in it to move around clean the rust off of the brakes for you top off the fluids and make sure you had enough gas to go a good distance, the clutch felt fine when I drove it but it doesn't accelerate fast (nor is it dangerously slow though)

The spare motor I would throw marvel mystery oil down the cylnder's or synthetic let it sit a week and to again maybe turn over by hand, flush it with cheap motor oil, drop the oil pan quick inspect, check turbo (might be siezed by now or not) I should have a mitsu I can throw in or the mitsu on it now might still be fine. Start the car and hope for the best, maybe run a compression test on it first. But I seem to recall it was pulled from a car previous owner drove but tranny was stuck in 3rd and it ran fine, actually I am positive about that!

sorry if that was confusing but I must go to bed, this weekend is busy if I don't respond... I will be back online with time sunday night or monday.

also has decent tires

PM if you want to haggle or shoot the cow with me...

oh yes you were 40min away (harrys is anyway)

firebaron90
08-25-2006, 03:54 AM
Hey Seth, has this car sold yet? Any thought to putting an engine in it??

Joe

JDAWG
08-25-2006, 04:09 PM
josmith213@hotmail.com pics

Sethyboy85
08-31-2006, 10:14 PM
Car still for sale, I would drive it about half way and meet you... still needs a column guy I was going to get the column off of was then interested in the car and I have not heard from him in several days so it is back up for sale...

pics sent

going on vacation 2nd-10th

$50spirit
10-01-2006, 12:18 AM
still for sale send me pics very intrested

Sethyboy85
10-01-2006, 09:21 AM
Yes still for sale, send me ur email and I will send you pictures.

Thanks
Seth

moparzrule
10-21-2006, 10:17 PM
Hey seth, it's Matt Huggler. I may be getting back into TD's, so I am interested in this shadow. Send me some pics-
matthug@juno.com
Later man.

Sethyboy85
10-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Hey man, email sent.

it's only a 45min ride if you wanna check it out then.

moparzrule
10-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Emailed back!

Sethyboy85
10-26-2006, 07:05 PM
I don't know what prices I have listed before but $350 Not a penny lower, good tires spare mitsu w/good motor.

IM open to trades on all sorts of things as well for this car... computers, laptop, dirtbike, gasser with no problems but old to go beat in the bush, ps2/xbox/360 games, stereo... food/beer/absinthe? all with cash going either direction if it is right.

firebaron90
10-27-2006, 02:16 AM
food/beer/absinthe? all with cash going either direction if it is right.

CUBAN CIGARS???

Sethyboy85
10-28-2006, 11:49 PM
depends what kind/how many how fresh

firebaron90
10-29-2006, 03:01 PM
6 of them 3 cohibas (48 ring by 4") and three hoya de monteray's about a 30 ring by 3" As fir freshness, they have some cracking anound the tip from transport, but they have been in my humidor since, and kept regulated.

talk to me I have some other nice items in the cigar alcohol world. See seth, the main reason i balked on the car is that I no longer have storage or place to put an engine in. But trading in things, now this is something i can do. hehehe you shouuld give me a call. 610 716 4211, i will be around all day,

Joe

Simsy
11-01-2006, 10:33 PM
pics plz send to eternalrest1990@aim.com

Sethyboy85
11-02-2006, 07:34 PM
pics sent

Firebarron shoot me a PM of what you got to trade with

Simsy
11-02-2006, 07:40 PM
is it driveable the way it is? and would u be willing to trade for an 89 acclaim turbo? check it out