PDA

View Full Version : Engine: wanted common block

Warren Stramer
08-17-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm looking for a NEW,Never used, common block. preferably a C Mexican casting. Or perhaps a good used TIII block.
Also, would buy a New, unused 782 "swirl" head. I know there are some out there somewhere. Anyone have any leads?
Contact me @ 701-782-4215. Thanks, Warren Stramer

supercrackerbox
08-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Found this listing on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/86-95-New-2-2-2-5L-New-Cylinder-Head-Chrysler-Doge-Dakota-Caravan-Sundance-/300707817497?hash=item4603952819&item=300707817497&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

1BADVAN
08-17-2012, 12:56 PM
I'm looking for a NEW,Never used, common block. preferably a C Mexican casting. Or perhaps a good used TIII block.
Also, would buy a New, unused 782 "swirl" head. I know there are some out there somewhere. Anyone have any leads?

There was one in the for sale section

edit on the other site.

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f7/f28/397304-dc-race-block-new-common-block.html

Warren Stramer
08-17-2012, 01:12 PM
There was one in the for sale section

edit on the other site.

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f7/f28/397304-dc-race-block-new-common-block.html

Ya I saw that. I missed it by a few days. was hoping someone here bought it. I would make them an offer.
Also, on the cyl. head.. I am looking for a genuine Chrysler casting. Not China junk. But thanks!

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Found this listing on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/86-95-New-2-2-2-5L-New-Cylinder-Head-Chrysler-Doge-Dakota-Caravan-Sundance-/300707817497?hash=item4603952819&item=300707817497&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Thank you, but I think that is a China casting. Looking for genuine Chrysler.

1BADVAN
08-17-2012, 02:11 PM
curious, why are you wanting New?

turbovanmanČ
08-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Warren likes to mod things, used won't cut it, :nod:

Shadow
08-17-2012, 02:31 PM
New Usually means that you don't have to worry about things like hairline crack ect that often come up in mag testing and pr testing.

+ Not enough info about different cyl wall thicknesses through years of production. Actually, for all the years this community has existed it's no surprise that no one is making Mad power, no info on the little things, and let's face it, it's all those little things that make the Big difference!

135sohc
08-17-2012, 03:14 PM
A used block will have already 'seasoned' itself and any cracking or movement would usually have happend by now. You say a good used T3 is acceptable then I would say try to find a later mexico casting TBI block. I picked one up on a whim and it turned out to be in excellent condition. I did a picture comparson of it to a Trenton casting block of the same year and the difference in quality was evident.

"MR.ED" guy in new york had for a long time a NOS CB for-sale but it was already heavily machined and O-ringed. Dont know if he still has it.

Warren Stramer
08-17-2012, 03:32 PM
New Usually means that you don't have to worry about things like hairline crack ect that often come up in mag testing and pr testing.

+ Not enough info about different cyl wall thicknesses through years of production. Actually, for all the years this community has existed it's no surprise that no one is making Mad power, no info on the little things, and let's face it, it's all those little things that make the Big difference!

Thank you, Even if a good friend gave you 20 blocks, and five cranks, only one or two would make a suitable foundation for 700+ HP.
If I consider what Ive spent so far for wet mag tests (cranks), magnuflux (blocks) Blasting and cooking, just to be able to do accurate Mag and sonic micrometer testing,(I do my own sonic testing) plus my time and gas to and from the testing machine shop. plus materials, I could have damn near paid for a nice set of race rods.
Plus, you are still depending on someone else to do thorough checking. I dont like to leave anything to chance if I can help it.

I called Mancini racing to ask who bought all there 2.2 stuff, they told me someone from Tennessee bought it all. anyone here know who that person is????

4 l-bodies
08-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Huh, switching to swirl head this time around? Didn't that NOS DC race block pan out?
Todd

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

A used block will have already 'seasoned' itself and any cracking or movement would usually have happend by now. You say a good used T3 is acceptable then I would say try to find a later mexico casting TBI block. I picked one up on a whim and it turned out to be in excellent condition. I did a picture comparson of it to a Trenton casting block of the same year and the difference in quality was evident.

"MR.ED" guy in new york had for a long time a NOS CB for-sale but it was already heavily machined and O-ringed. Dont know if he still has it.
I believe Ed told me block was sold. Deck was 0-ringed by Ray Barton's shop so it was probably done correctly. That is why I didn't buy it.

spoolinhard
08-22-2012, 07:59 PM
stitus on here has a chrysler remanned 2.5 common block. (never been reassembled).It is a non turbo. thought that I would throw that out there.

BadAssPerformance
08-22-2012, 08:25 PM

Whacha building? Current plant OK I hope?

I havn't figured out what to do with those bare castings yet, but that a lotta work before it even looks like a head much less the work to do to it...

Shadow
08-22-2012, 11:53 PM
stitus on here has a chrysler remanned 2.5 common block. (never been reassembled).It is a non turbo. thought that I would throw that out there.

Are you saying it's a "never been run" block? Or are you saying it's a reman from Chryler that someone took apart before it ran?

8valves
08-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Does a new DC race block interest you? PM me if so, I'm quite certain I know where one is.

Shadow
08-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Problem with the new DC blocks is they arent machined. Not even the cylinders! So the amount of machining it would take just to get one of those block in a usable state would be Insane!!!! :yuck:

BadAssPerformance
08-23-2012, 08:30 PM
+1 to that...

zin
08-23-2012, 09:01 PM
BUT, it would be "right with the world" when you were done, something I think Warren would be shooting for...

Mike

8valves
08-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Not all of them are raw castings.

Sent you a PM back Warren. Thanks.

Shadow
08-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Not all of them are raw castings.

Well then that might be worth looking into................:eyebrows:

Reeves
08-28-2012, 10:37 AM
I called Mancini racing to ask who bought all there 2.2 stuff, they told me someone from Tennessee bought it all. anyone here know who that person is????

I'd like to know too. I contacted them just about monthly about buying up all their 2.2 stuff, and they kept saying they needed to inventory what they had, get a price, etc, blah, blah. This went on for more than a year, and then they said someone came in and bought it all :(

Does a new DC race block interest you? PM me if so, I'm quite certain I know where one is.

Hey, hey, hey there.......WTH? Thought I had dibs on that :thumb:

Shadow
08-29-2012, 12:59 PM
Hey, hey, hey there.......WTH? Thought I had dibs on that :thumb:

Your still 2.5 aren't you? I don't get it, why would you need a block like that? :confused:

:evil:

:lol:

8valves
08-29-2012, 07:20 PM
The scarier question is why hasn't he put the block and head I already sold him over two years ago to good use in the Omni. We'd be seeing a whole new world of potential with that bad oscar setup. :)