PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable bleed for Chad's line pressure mod!

turbovanmanČ
08-14-2012, 11:41 PM
It was brought up in another thread and just redoing my valve body had a thought about how to make one, as I drilled the hole in the wrong spot, :banghead:

Anyhow, I simply drilled it larger and used a small set screw so the thinking bells went off, we could drill the housing for a small fitting, attach some hose to it and then use either carb jets or nitrous jets to control what we want. You won't need high pressure hose I don't think so some rubber suitable hose, clamps. The only bummer would be you'd have to drop the pan to adjust it but if you have a drain plug and reusable gasket, wouldn't be that big a deal. Thoughts? Comments?

A.J.
08-15-2012, 01:00 AM
Think it would be a good idea but it should be adjustable without dropping the pan. You could drill another hole like the one that you have to adjust line pressure and snake out the rubber hose with the jet in it. You could spot weld a loop on the back of the plug hole and attach that to the rubber hose so when you pull the plug out you have the hose attached and that way you don't have to fish around with a pick or coat hanger.

Also you might want to weld on a larger boss on the valve body so what ever type of barb you attach to the valve body to attach your rubber hose/carb jet to has some bite.

I'd like to tackle this one but I'm trading a customer a manual valve body for work for my Dad's turbo wagon and I still have to build my trans for my SRT-4 mini-van build so I'm short on time to play around with an adjustable bleed in the valve body mod. I think it's do-able though.

A.J.

shackwrrr
08-15-2012, 01:19 AM
Needle valve

turbovanmanČ
08-15-2012, 02:41 AM
Would be nice to have it external but not sure I'd like another source of a leak.

Needle valve, good idea, :clap: