PDA

View Full Version : Relays

minigts
01-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Are relays all the same for the Dodge vehicles or do you have to get specific relays for specific items for specfic vehicles? I have a few relays from a Dodge Dakota truck and they have the same pinout and shape and everything as the ones from this Daytona harness, but they have different numbers on them.

Just curious.

cordes
01-04-2006, 01:33 PM
I would go down to the parts store, and see if you can match up the part numbers some way. I don't believe that they are all the same.

minigts
01-04-2006, 01:46 PM
Yeah, sounds like a better idea than testing and possibly doing electrical damage.

Thanks!

inmyshadow
01-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Not really. I noticed some differences in the keyways from shadows to daytonas. Plus they are color coded too.

You can always try.

Are relays all the same for the Dodge vehicles or do you have to get specific relays for specific items for specfic vehicles? I have a few relays from a Dodge Dakota truck and they have the same pinout and shape and everything as the ones from this Daytona harness, but they have different numbers on them.

Just curious.

Clay
01-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Most relays will have an electrical diagram on them tell you how they operate.

Ive found that most relays in chrysler vehicles operate exactly the same and have the same pin configuration.

The main difference that I can think of is their amp rating.

clay