PDA

View Full Version : Front mount question

135sohc
08-12-2012, 11:50 PM
I have both your solid bobble strut and the front mount. I have used all possible combinations of stock and your mounts to get rid of the engine bucking and at the same time not have an annoying vibration at 55mph. The only solution that really works so far is having a mopar performance Neon stiffer bobble strut modified to work and a stock parts store replacement mount (that is installed correctly!) But the bucking/lurching/clunk from the engine/transmission wanting to swing fore-aft is still there.

Have you given any consideration towards offering a stock type mount but filling it to reduce the amount of movement ?

shackwrrr
08-13-2012, 12:03 AM
Not to butt into business here but what about using a mountain bike shock. Stiff as hell but still moves.

Johnny
08-13-2012, 12:25 AM
I have both your solid bobble strut and the front mount. I have used all possible combinations of stock and your mounts to get rid of the engine bucking and at the same time not have an annoying vibration at 55mph. The only solution that really works so far is having a mopar performance Neon stiffer bobble strut modified to work and a stock parts store replacement mount (that is installed correctly!) But the bucking/lurching/clunk from the engine/transmission wanting to swing fore-aft is still there.

Having both the PolyBushings front mount and the bobble strut on....you have vibration.
Take just the rear off (the bobble strut) and vibrations still there?
Add the bobble stut one and remove the front...is the vibration there?

135sohc
08-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Take just the rear off (the bobble strut) and vibrations still there?
Add the bobble stut one and remove the front...is the vibration there?

yes to both, its less severe but depending upon speed/rpm its still there. When I installed the bobble strut it was done without preload.

Johnny
08-13-2012, 12:48 AM
If you are getting vibration with the bobble strut off, using just the front mount...its installed wrong somehow.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

OR the passenger mount is causing it.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

What passenger mount is it? Is it new? Upside down? Old...sagging?

135sohc
08-13-2012, 01:19 AM
Its a 94 so I've got the mount that can only go one way. It is a stock one in good condition.

Johnny
08-13-2012, 08:13 AM
And then my front really cant be put in wrong.
I have not heard issues with vibration from the front "late" mount.
I have installed many without vibration.
Bring it on by, lets take a look! (I wish)

Ondonti
08-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Have the same issue but worse thanks to lying to the ecu and sending a false narrowband signal to leanburn for MPG. around 1500-2000 rpms its pretty crappy.

Waiting on his parts so I can have a full solid in the particular vehicle of mine that doesn't have one but wishing for trans mount. Solid mounts tend to beat up the weakest link.

Have tried both upwards and downwards preload on the bobble and I currently upwards.