PDA

View Full Version : FS: OBX Belleville Washers

rbryant
08-09-2006, 02:41 PM
I have several sets of OBX Bellevilles for sale.

Just send $15 via PayPal to "rich_bryant_is@yahoo.com" with OBX Washers as the subject and I will ship them out. I will also ship them to Canada for an extra dollar making it $16 (US) for those in the north.

I have some pictures and instructions in a thread here and on my webpage:

http://rbryant.freeshell.org/obx_washers.htm

I put them on ebay aswell but I am selling them for less here.

-Rich

nomadman2001
08-09-2006, 04:50 PM
I assume that means to send the $15 to PayPal?

Mine were cracked and I got the eBay seller of the OBX unit to replace them for me but I would still like to have a set of spares on hand.
Thanks, Jim.

I have several sets of OBX Bellevilles for sale.

Just send $15 to "rich_bryant_is@yahoo.com" with OBX Washers as the subject and I will ship them out.

I have some pictures and instructions in a thread here and on my webpage:

http://rbryant.freeshell.org/obx_washers.htm

I put them on ebay aswell but I am selling them for less here.

-Rich

rbryant
08-09-2006, 07:00 PM
I assume that means to send the $15 to PayPal?

Mine were cracked and I got the eBay seller of the OBX unit to replace them for me but I would still like to have a set of spares on hand.
Thanks, Jim.

Oops I forgot to say PayPal originally. I updated the message.

My opinion is that if they are arriving (already cracked) then the risk of them cracking during usage is unacceptable. We have at least one case documented where they were ok when installed and cracked after a few drag strip runs.

Also mine are from a legit belleville manufacturer. Who knows where the stock ones come from and if they are true belleville washers designed for constant stress or if they are just cheap conical washers not really designed for constant stress.

-Rich

CanadianDaytona
08-09-2006, 08:00 PM
$15 for us canadians too?

rbryant
08-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Lets make it $16 (US) to Canada. I think that should work out fairly.

-Rich

boost geek
08-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Paypal sent!:thumb:

nomadman2001
08-10-2006, 07:19 AM
$15 sent to PayPal. Thanks! :nod:

CanadianDaytona
08-10-2006, 10:10 PM
$16 sent...
Cheers
Chris

rbryant
08-11-2006, 12:52 AM
Thanks guys. Please let everyone know what you think when you get them.

-Rich

boost geek
08-16-2006, 09:16 PM
Just got mine today. You shipped them quick, dude!:thumb: I'll put these away for when I pull my diff, hopefully will be a LONG time!

CanadianDaytona
08-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Got mine today..Super Quick Shipping even for us Canucks!
Thanks abunch Rich!

now if I can just get these bolts undone :p
Cheers
Chris
(EDIT: Just Cracked it open..Man was it overtorqued..Anyway good thing I orders these, the second last washer was in 2 peices!!)

rbryant
10-18-2006, 10:26 AM
I am now back from my extended vacation so I can once again supply the belleville washers.

Let me know if you need a set or better just just send me the money and I will ship them right out... :)

-Rich

rbryant
11-24-2006, 06:39 PM
I have just a few sets of these washers left. I need to decide if I should invest in a second run of them.

BTW I did a quality check on my washers vs the OBX washers. I hit the OBX one w/ a 2lb sledge that I affectinately call my BFH. It held up to the first soft wrist swing but promply cracked with a medium swing. It actually looked grainly like cast iron where it cracked! I then took one of the replacements and hit it with the same force or possibly even more 10 times in a row and noticed no damage!

Let me know if you want one of the last few sets. Just $15 US and $16 US for Canada shipped. I am considering a second run of them if they sell fast but they might go up to $20 a set.

Alternatively I have installed +60% spring rate washers in my personal OBX. I am considering supplying those instead of the stock size to provide a bit more preload.

Let me know if you would like the stock size or the +60% washers and it will influence what I supply in the future.

Thanks,

Rich

Ondonti
11-24-2006, 09:31 PM
do you see a sizable advantage to thos +60% washers?

rbryant
11-24-2006, 11:50 PM
do you see a sizable advantage to thos +60% washers?

Well in theory it would take more of a difference in traction before the diff had to start transfering torque.

In theory it would also make the car turn a little harder (less differentiation in the front wheels) but I don't think it is a big deal and I haven't noticed anything strange with my GLHS and the powerful quick ratio rack. I don't see any negatives on the drag strip.

The washers work the same way as the springs in a phantom grip work. The difference being when the phantom grip springs don't hold you get an open diff and when the OBX/quaife belleville springs don't hold you start to transfer torque through the helical gears.

With all of that said if I have one tire in the air I can still turn it without all that much effort. I can get my torque wrench on it if anyone cars to know just how much.

As with anything in the auto industry without back to back tests on the same car it is impossible to say if they really help... No promises of 11 second quarter mile times, instant wealth, and enlarged manhood for the +60% washers. I would keep them the same price though so it is really just which one you feel better about using. :)

-Rich

Ondonti
11-25-2006, 12:05 AM
tests would be cool. I enjoyed those insert tests. made me feel bad for purchasing a piece of crap long ago lol

rbryant
05-18-2007, 08:30 PM
All,

Due to the increased shipping costs I am upping the prices slightly.

I am also offering replacement 12.9 Bolts (some arrived stripped and bent).

Washers are now $17/set shipped.
Bolts and washers (recommended) are now $32/set shipped.

Sorry to have to do this and thanks for all the great support!

Just send me a PM or the money directly :) to paypal (rich_bryant_is @ yahoo.com) and I will send them right out!

All profits go back into my GLHS or new product projects.

-Rich

ShelbyMopar
05-19-2007, 06:21 AM
I ordered bolts + washers off Rich, highly reccomended, good guy to deal with!

rbryant
07-31-2007, 04:32 PM
Hey guys/gals,

Just wanted to give a heads up that I will be on vacation next week 8/5/07 - 8/11/07. If you need a washer/bolt kit in that timeframe please order before Friday evening.

After 8/11 I will be back and ready to take orders!

Thanks,

Rich

rbryant
08-11-2007, 03:25 AM
Hey guys/gals,

Just wanted to give a heads up that I will be on vacation next week 8/5/07 - 8/11/07. If you need a washer/bolt kit in that timeframe please order before Friday evening.

After 8/11 I will be back and ready to take orders!

Thanks,

Rich

Ok I am back from my vacation and ready to take orders.

FYI: Never stay at the Grand Pladium Resort near Cancun (Playa Del Carmen Mexico) unless you enjoy days severe stomach issues while on vacation... It seems that it was part of the all inclusive package!

Thanks,

Rich

rbryant
09-21-2007, 01:28 AM
In an attempt to make ordering a bit easier I added some primitive paypal "buy now" buttons to my writeup. This should help eliminate any questions about price, etc.

http://rbryant.freeshell.org/obx_washers

I have plenty of bolts and washers in stock so feel free to order either the washers or the bolt/washer kits through the page!

As always feel free to PM or email me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Rich