PDA

View Full Version : Block is at machine shop, what should be done.

shackwrrr
08-08-2012, 10:37 AM
OK, dropped the block off at the machine shop, they are behind so I'm impatiently waiting for it. I've been thinking if there is anything special to have done while its there. I already ported the oil pump hole, I'm having the oil galley tapped for 3/8 plugs, and it's a tbi block so the Turbo drain is getting drilled too. Did I miss anything?

The block is a 2.2 so no balance shaft provisions. I am getting it bored for my .020 weiscos, having it milled, and cleaned of course.

speedfreek500
08-08-2012, 12:55 PM
I just picked up my block from the machine shop also, i had them line hone, bore, install new inter shaft bearings and deck it and of course hot tank it. Wasn`t cheap i tell ya.

bakes
08-08-2012, 01:02 PM
I just picked up my block from the machine shop also, i had them line hone, bore, install new inter shaft bearings and deck it and of course hot tank it. Wasn`t cheap i tell ya.+1 to all of the above if in you buget get the crank checked and balanced

shackwrrr
08-08-2012, 01:17 PM
The old engine was rebuilt less than 20k ago so everything is good, just cracked the block. I'll have the main bores checked but I can't afford a line hone right now. I'm doing all the assembly, I've just never had someone do the machine work for me.

My budget is about 400-500 to machine, new rings/bearings and gaskets.

turbovanmanČ
08-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Aux shaft bearings and maybe CD the deck.