PDA

View Full Version : What is best?

forged
07-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Hello guys, I bought a 86 daytona T1 turbo. It has stock turbo, +20 injectors, "hotter" cam, performance computer, and a walbro 225 fuel pump. I am wondering if i should cut the stock muffler off of it. The man i bought it off of has put brand new pipe on it except for the downpipe and the muffler. If i cut the muffler off will i still have enough back pressure? the new piping stops right before the rear axle. And the Muffler on it right now is the stock factory one. It has a Hole in it also. Would it be alright if i Cut the old muffler off right before the rear axle?

BoostedDrummer
07-29-2012, 06:59 PM
Cut it off!! There's guys on here running full 3" exhaust and one guy I know of who runs 4". It's gonna be kinda loud however, just dont put a fart can on the car...we'll find you

cordes
07-30-2012, 12:32 AM
Cut it off!! There's guys on here running full 3" exhaust and one guy I know of who runs 4". It's gonna be kinda loud however, just dont put a fart can on the car...we'll find you

Agreed. The Garretts don't need the back pressure like the Mitsu turbos do. I would caution that in my daytona the missing muffler has led to an insane amount of exhaust fumes in the car. It's terrible, and coming from me that's really something.

turbovanmanČ
07-30-2012, 01:21 AM
The best exhaust on a turbo car is none, but you can't do that, lol, so either cut the muffler off and put pipe their or a Magnaflow or Ultraflow. If the exhaust is small, run either 2.5" mandrel bent or larger.

boost geek
07-30-2012, 01:43 AM
Cut it off!! There's guys on here running full 3" exhaust and one guy I know of who runs 4". It's gonna be kinda loud however, just dont put a fart can on the car...we'll find youya its loud, but if you run a nasty cam it sounds pretty good