PDA

View Full Version : Can't retrieve logic codes.

gvare001
08-08-2006, 04:40 PM
I just got this 89 shelby daytona, from I a guy who couln't get it to start. Anyhow the car was missing all vacuum lines, so after I kind of routed new ones, the car now runs but is running in limp mode. The solenoid pack for the wastegate and purge are missing so the boost only goes up to 6psi, no big deal. Now my question is the following, I can't get the computer codes from the cluster panel, the check engine light doesn't show. I replaced the instrument gauges fuse which was blowned and I also checked for the injector harness ground. I will greatly appreciate you guys advice. Anyhow, I bought the car to extract the motor and tranny to go into my charger, but before i do anything I want to know what this car really has in it.

cordes
08-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Have you tested the bulb that flashes the codes?

slasky
08-08-2006, 06:19 PM
It should light up for a few seconds when you first turn the key on. If not the bulb is bad.

GLHS592
08-08-2006, 07:02 PM
I once had a stock GLHS logic module that wouldn't show codes. The stage II logic module would. I tried it before I took the cluster apart. :)

gvare001
08-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Looks like I'm gona have to take the thing apart. I just don't know man, you guys should see this car. I mean it's only an 89 an it looks like hellraiser, when it come to the wiring. I mean, are there that many wrench monkey mechanics out there, how can you just butcher a car like that. The fan motor relay was bypass, among other things.

slasky
08-10-2006, 12:32 PM
It sounds like my car when I got it. Wires everywhere, no solder, and 20 miles of electrical tape. It's much neater now.