PDA

View Full Version : 87-91 Daytona fiberglass hood GROUP BUY!!!

22shelby
07-10-2012, 01:49 PM
hey guys, a long awaited fiberglass group buy has started!! this hood is for the 87-91 daytona Power Buldge...

can be made
pin on (using Dzus fasteners) 6-8 lbs
or Bolt on (using your factory hinges and latch) 12-15 lbs

must specify 87-88 OR 89-91 for bolt on!!!

yes that's actual weight!!

the finished hood will come in a black gel coat which if painting MUST be block sanded and smoothed, there will be a light texture on the GC to aid in the sanding process (so you can see what your sanding)

the way this will work is i MUST get 5 orders to proceed with this, 5 orders in a GB shouldn't be too difficult, right??

every penny toward the GB will be put to materials for each hood AND materials to proceed onto another mold, these prices are a steel if you compare to other retail shops, and during the GB the pricing will be reduced significantly to, well move these so i can move on to other molds!! :D

after i fill 5 orders at the GB price, the Daytona hoods WILL still be available at there regular price, made to order.

the process of making each hood, will take roughly 2 days per hood (generally speaking) however, with the GB, once i have 5 filled, it will take some maybe up to 2 weeks or so to complete the 5 orders, they will be fulfilled in the order they are received and sent out as they are made!!

SHIPPING!!!! buyer is responsible for shipping, i have to get rates but will either be a bigger freight company for some cheaper pricing or if preference is UPS or FED ex, that will be up to you...
shipping is generally $100 to up to $175. these are what i remember from the past few years...

individual shipping will be discussed with buyer

along with shipping, box and crating will also be supplied from buyer!!! these boxes cost money and i do not have the price figured in the price of the hood!!!... generally will be about $30 bucks, that price will be separate from shipping!!!

pricing breakdown for the group buy is as follows

STYLE / GB PRICE /NORMAL RETAIL AFTER GB

PIN ON / $200.00 / $350.00
BOLT ON / $300.00/ $450.00

+ SHIPPING
+ BOX AND CRATE

payment for hood must be paid in full for the GB, shipping and boxing may be paid at time of shipment

I am located in IL 60126 so if you want to save some money and feel like taking a drive, these will be available for pick up once completed

many of you have seen JTs hood on the SRTZ, yes it was 100% carbon fiber, which at this time will not be offered, maybe in time but not right now, but the same mold will be used, and to tell you from my opinion, the mold came out PERFECT!!!!

(pics will be added very shortly here )

if you are in, post it on here AND send me a PM so we can work out all the rest of the details... once PMd the rest of the order will be fulfilled over the phone, for less confusion...

if you have any questions feel free to PM me!!! if i get a big response from this, i will extend the group buy pricing for more hoods!!!

Happy weight reducing y'all!!:thumb:
Jaren

IN FOR GB!!

1.- Phil Howard
2.- bfarroo

BadAssPerformance
07-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Pics of the bolt on CF prototype...

40503405004049740494405044050140498404954050240499 40496

glhs727
07-10-2012, 02:15 PM
great price!! any good pictures of the product??

turbovanmanČ
07-10-2012, 04:06 PM
(pics will be added very shortly here )

great price!! any good pictures of the product??

Hehhehee. :p

Damn, great price, nicely done!

Khajjathefang
07-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Damn, that IS a great price. Now if that kid would hurry up and buy the NSX already...

tsiconquest88
07-10-2012, 07:14 PM
How hard would it be to do hoods for the spirit rt's since they have that grill as part of it? If it gets to this point I would definitely be in!

Wiscoballer
07-10-2012, 08:27 PM
nevermind, cant read...

BadAssPerformance
07-10-2012, 08:37 PM
pin on vs bolt on simply refers to the hood latch, and not to the hood hinges, correct?

"Bolt on" means it will bolt on like a factory hood using hinges and latch... it has an actual frame to it. (think street car)

"Pin on" means that it is held on by dzus fasteners and/or hood pins, your choice, but NOT the stock hinges or latch.. no frame, just a skin, so its lighter (think race car)

Shadow
07-11-2012, 12:45 AM
Damn! Lovin your pricing!!!!!!!!!! I know the CF are not available right now, but how much lighter are we talking? How much did JT's bolt-on hood weigh?

Force Fed Mopar
07-11-2012, 01:14 AM
Damn! Lovin your pricing!!!!!!!!!! I know the CF are not available right now, but how much lighter are we talking? How much did JT's bolt-on hood weigh?

x2, curious minds want to know :)

BadAssPerformance
07-11-2012, 01:58 AM

With my crappy bathroom scale that lives in the garage, the stock hood was ~40lbs and the bolt on framed CF hood was ~10lbs.

Shadow
07-11-2012, 05:41 PM
What's everyone waiting for, thought the first 5 would be gone already! :)

22shelby
07-15-2012, 11:43 AM
Bueller Bueller

cordes
07-15-2012, 02:49 PM
I can't believe more guys aren't jumping on this. You did a great job on JT's hood especially since it uses the stock mounting hardware etc. I'm very surprised that you don't have a long queue formed. :confused:

lengel
07-15-2012, 04:20 PM
I can't believe more guys aren't jumping on this. You did a great job on JT's hood especially since it uses the stock mounting hardware etc. I'm very surprised that you don't have a long queue formed. :confused:

My thoughts exactly! I do think this group buy section is kind of hidden and many people just dont see it. I think if we were allowed to post in the classified section and put a link to a thread in the group buy section you would see more traffic. But I dont know if thats allowed or not. Anyway very nice work! If you start doing AA hoods im in for one! My car need to go on a diet!

Adam

Shadow
07-17-2012, 08:12 PM
My thoughts exactly! I do think this group buy section is kind of hidden and many people just dont see it. I think if we were allowed to post in the classified section and put a link to a thread in the group buy section you would see more traffic. But I dont know if thats allowed or not. Anyway very nice work! If you start doing AA hoods im in for one! My car need to go on a diet!

Adam

Agreed, I was even thinking it should be posted in the lounge! Can't believe 22 ppl asked for this and it's not mahem for orders!!!!

PPL this is an incredible deal! Lets get this rolling so the rest of us can get ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

22shelby
07-18-2012, 06:55 PM
i know rightthe mold is collecting dust over here...lol

Force Fed Mopar
07-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Shoulda done L-bodies first... :D

Shadow
07-19-2012, 10:35 AM

Didn't want to say it, but glad someone did!

Common you G-body slackers!!!!!!! Your making us all look bad!!!!!:(

Sloride
07-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Im in.
90 vnt bolt on please
Pm'd my details

omni_840
07-19-2012, 06:59 PM

Didn't want to say it, but glad someone did!

Common you G-body slackers!!!!!!! Your making us all look bad!!!!!:(

I'm with these guys:D

I do understand your reasoning for doing the G bodies for though:nod:

Patiently waiting for the GLH Hoods:)

this is seriously a great deal for a small run production

cawcislo
07-19-2012, 10:33 PM
Out of curiousity, what's the difference between 87/88 and 89+ hoods?

22shelby
07-19-2012, 10:45 PM
ok update... a few things that i need to go over with everyone on here, first off, i got my shipping schedule, i will be utilizing my old shop VFN for shipping these out... they have a real nice pricing structure... shipping estimates is as follows...

north east USA area...
roughly $150-$250

Midwest area. say Ohio - Nebraska
roughly $150-$180

south east/south say TX to NC
roughly $110-$150

west... mountain and west coast are except WA!!
roughly $200-$280

WA, for some reason or another
roughly $330-$350

CANADA- THIS IS IMPORTANT
to ship across the boarder, there are declarations involved, i will go over that with each one that orders... however, if you live close enough to the boarder, it might be wise to schedule a pick up in a US terminal... doing this will save you anywhere from $100-$250 USD!!!!

Alberta-Saskatchewan-Manitoba-Ontario
roughly
$230-$250

Quebec-British Columbia
roughly
$300-$375

these prices are for a Commercial delivery/business OR a local terminal pick up
Residential delivery is about $80-$100 more

payment cant be set for either pay before shipping OR payment upon arrival

with any order SHIPPED out the box fee will apply... the fee is $30

part will only be shipped in a box it is the only way the carriers will insure the if one happens to be damaged in shipment.

if you live close enough to the chicago are, you may come and pick it up!! and you dont have to buy a box... but please bring a truck or a full size van!! you wouldnt believe how many people would show up in like a trail blazer and expect it to fit... if you plan on tieing it to the top of your car or Mini van, bring you own securing devices... and alot of them... lol

just needed to post that up just so everyone is informed!!

if there are any question comments or concerns please please please speak up!! leave it in the thread PM me or even ask to speak to me over the phone, i have no prob giving out my phone number in a PM!!

thanks everyone... lets get these thing moving!!!

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Out of curiousity, what's the difference between 87/88 and 89+ hoods?

87-88 have a different radiator core support and different mounting position at the latch...

89-90-91 they used the SAME frame, and just added a "panel" to accommodate the latch and new core support position

thus the reason i need to know upon ordering, so i can add the panel or not... :)

pin on hoods don't matter

itoktoeatfish
07-20-2012, 01:29 PM
I know this will never happen if you cant even find 5 people to buy daytona, but I would kill for a H body hood.

Shadow
07-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Relax, the word is spreading, 5 ppl comin right up! ;)

phil howard
07-20-2012, 10:51 PM
If you ever offer these in carbon fiber, how much for an '88 bolt on like JT's?

22shelby
07-23-2012, 05:13 PM
If you ever offer these in carbon fiber, how much for an '88 bolt on like JT's?

i don't intend to do Carbon at this time as the bolt on for bolt on weight savings wont justify the price difference...

OK... just for curious minds, IF (note the big if) , i were to offer carbon piece, the pricing would be upwards of $1500.00.... the production process and materials are night and day difference between fiberglass and CF... generally 3x the price of retail price...

phil howard
07-23-2012, 07:12 PM
i don't intend to do Carbon at this time as the bolt on for bolt on weight savings wont justify the price difference...

OK... just for curious minds, IF (note the big if) , i were to offer carbon piece, the pricing would be upwards of $1500.00.... the production process and materials are night and day difference between fiberglass and CF... generally 3x the price of retail price...

I bought fiberglass seats instead of CF for the same reason.
I'm in for an '88 bolt on.
I'll PM you.
I seen JT's hood at Milan, outstanding!

22shelby
07-23-2012, 08:09 PM
your in!! got your PM... thanks phil

im am going to call everyone in the middle of the week to go over payment and such!!

so far we got 3 that have inquired with me about this...

BadAssPerformance
07-23-2012, 08:20 PM
so far we got 3 that have inquired with me about this...

Woot! :clap:

Force Fed Mopar
07-23-2012, 08:34 PM
So JT's hood cost $1500? :)

BadAssPerformance
07-23-2012, 09:03 PM
So JT's hood cost $1500? :)

He got more than that into it... JT funded the mold... OUCH :o

But, it's something I've always wanted to do, heck some of the CF material was purchased for it many years ago, and just never got around to it, and now with SDAC responsibilities and being busy at work, free time is even far less than before. So yeah, I gotta thank 22Shelby/Jaren for stepping up and making it happen! Yep, team effort! thanks bro! :thumb:

Force Fed Mopar
07-24-2012, 09:24 AM
He got more than that into it... JT funded the mold... OUCH :o

But, it's something I've always wanted to do, heck some of the CF material was purchased for it many years ago, and just never got around to it, and now with SDAC responsibilities and being busy at work, free time is even far less than before. So yeah, I gotta thank 22Shelby/Jaren for stepping up and making it happen! Yep, team effort! thanks bro! :thumb:

I'll 2nd that, thanks to both of you.

Shadow
07-25-2012, 08:35 PM
ttt still need a couple more.........

Shadow
07-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Over 1000 views, gotta be up to 5 now...........No?

22shelby
08-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Bump-ski... im going to keep this GB going for a while, still have only 3 people who in... id like to get 5 to get them going (which is what the hold up is for those who are in) but i am not limiting them to only 5... i don't think i mentioned that, these are not just a short run, they will be available anytime after the GB discount is over, also too im not going to limit the discount price to only the first 5, if i get 6,7 or even more ill honor the GB price!!!... I will decide when i want the GB over and will for warn people when that happens, when that does happen this thread will be locked and regular retail price will start... in the mean time, im going to work on a small site where i can post info, pics and you guys can order directly from, and also with phone contact orders, im working on that as i type....

thanks guys

Jaren

BadAssPerformance
08-06-2012, 09:43 PM
For anyone who wants to see the prototype hood and is planning to go to the Mopar Nats this weekend.. the Z will be there with the hood!

Shadow
08-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Do we have 5 yet? Have all the ppl who showed intrest been PM'd? I know if I said I was interested in something I would like a PM to LMK it has become avail.

I gotta think ppl just aren't seeing this. That, or the L-body 2-dr crowd is just Way more serious about their cars! :p

BadAssPerformance
08-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Had a few folks interested at the Mopar Nats!

Shadow
08-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Cool, we Need to keep this going, To infinity and beyond!!!!!!!

cordes
08-14-2012, 01:04 AM

I'm sure there were! IMO this is one of those deals which needs to be seen to be appreciated. Your hood looks really nice IMO.

22shelby
08-14-2012, 01:27 AM
yep!! those who sent me PMs i have been replied to, they are all informed on where we stand, once i hear back from all 3 i will compile a list on the first post

maybe some more pics will help :p

Tmerritt530
08-14-2012, 12:37 PM
I am seriously considering this because my dad travels to the quad cities often for work an could pick one up. Plus My hood fell on a brick and dinged it good in the middle...

22shelby
08-14-2012, 01:40 PM
^^ "likes this"

GLHSHELBY
08-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Thanks for posting this in the lounge ,sorry I'm not in for this but that is an awesome deal.However,if you do decide to produce anything in Cf please post in lounge as I don't get on the forums a lot.

22shelby
08-29-2012, 05:04 PM
hey guys, i updated the group buy but posted it in the lounge thread... heres the details

post # 20

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?67411-G-body-FiberGlass-hoods-Get-em-while-they-re-HOT!!!!!!!!!!

bfarroo
09-07-2012, 06:06 PM
PM Sent

22shelby
09-10-2012, 10:11 AM
ok a pay pal has been set up specificly for this,

the PP is
SCDFlooring@att.net

we have 4 on the list

right now it is first come first serve... i will be contacting those of you i have phone numbers for, if you havent left me a number to call you please PM me the number... if you still want in on this it is still set up for the GB price (for now) so shoot me a PM and send over a paypal... please provide bolt on or pin on... your name... address.... and phone number... this way we can go over the details directly....

now if you dont wnat to have the hood shipped but would rather come and pick it up... im doing this for one guy so ill extend the offer... i have enough room to store your hood for a bit... say if your planning on coming thru chicago and just want to stop and pick it up... i will hold it for you... but paynment on the hood must be in full....

as a reminder all hoods shipped out MUST be boxed.... $30 box fee wikll be added to the total.... if your are picking it up you dont have to have a box... and i have a pretty secure storage area where they wont be harmed...( if by chance something happens, i will take full responsibility for the damage while stored here... and will fix it 100%)....

i will start on thee as soon as i start receiving payments...

thanks guys!!!

oh and PS those of you who have been wanting Hbody stuff... dont count out your luck just yet ;)

22shelby
09-11-2012, 06:45 AM
hey guys, First hood has been Sold!!! Thank you Phil Howard!!! got your payment thisd morning!!!

as each of the payments come in i will update the first post of who has ordered...

bfarroo
09-29-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm in.

22shelby
10-10-2012, 07:16 PM
update, ive only recieved 2 payments for hoods, this coming monday, im getting started on them, i will keep the GB price open till then, after that the hoods will be normal price and will be available from here on out...

i have had a few special request via PM for what else is going to come next... i will talk with each of you directly to discuss what is all involved with getting parts made and available... couple of hoods have been requested along with some hatches...

there were a couple of people who inquired during the GB but wanted to see finished pic before ordering... i will post pics once the first hood is done, and if you decide to go forward with it, i will honor the GB price for you...

thanks guys for your support on getting these made and look forward to getting these on your cars!!

phil howard
10-10-2012, 10:56 PM
So cool! :nod:

nvysion
10-11-2012, 05:32 AM
Hello
Any chance to have one day a hood for a shadow ?

Shadow
10-14-2012, 06:14 PM
Hello
Any chance to have one day a hood for a shadow ?

I believe IF the community supports him, 22shelby intends on making as many parts available as possible. Considering how popular the Shadow platform is I would think it would be top 5 for hoods for sure if not top 3 :)

nvysion
10-15-2012, 03:17 AM
Thanks
I need 2.

You are one of those who support him very actively here and on the other forum too.
It is nice.

Louis

csracer
10-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Im in , Payment sent.

22shelby
03-12-2013, 12:12 AM
well its official!! the first of the G body hoods is done!! and here it is!!

Phil this one is for you!!

phil howard
03-13-2013, 04:18 AM
Awesome, thanks for the pics.

22shelby
12-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Bumpity bump, ok i know its been a long te coming but the last of the GB hoods are ready to go!!! Thank you to all of you who participated in the GB, and also for your patiants!!! Meens alot to le personally as miving to a different state put a damper on alot of things however we have now worked out a deal to where i will design and mold the hoods and VFN will be supplying the production!! Which from now on will be the way it goes... I just wanted to be hands on with the first few made...

Stay tuned for the next GB going for these just after the first of the year, and now that im getting settled out here, some new products!!!

Happy holidays yall and most important Merry Christmas all!!!

Glmwpg
12-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Just in case I missed it - is there a similar effort for 3rd gen G body hoods? tnx great GB & a great deal here!

shmedley
12-19-2013, 02:38 PM
Weren't we just talking about this the other day???
I got thing to say to you and I think you know what that is :eyebrows: