PDA

View Full Version : Stitching the floormats?

Dave
08-08-2006, 02:24 AM
I have two front SPIRIT floormats that has the stitching coming off the lettering and the letters are beginnning to brake loose. I don't want to ruin these mats because I do believe they're the only ones in existence. Does anybody know a place that could refurbish them??

Thanks,
-Bryan

Clay
08-08-2006, 08:26 AM
any good apholstry shop should be able to take care of them for you.

So why are these the only ones in existance?

Turbodave
08-08-2006, 04:39 PM
any good apholstry shop should be able to take care of them for you.

So why are these the only ones in existance?

They are the only ones in existance in Bryan's car. I think I've got a set in one of my R/T's and I've seen them around before. They used to be available through any dealer.

Dave
08-09-2006, 10:38 AM
They are the only ones in existance in Bryan's car. I think I've got a set in one of my R/T's and I've seen them around before. They used to be available through any dealer.

:lol: Do you have a set?? Besides that's not fair! You have over 20 TM's!

I've been to 2 SDAC events and never saw them there and never saw any on the boards.

Anyways, I've looked around and haven't found any apholstrey shops nearby. Time to Google it. :nod:

Turbodave
08-09-2006, 05:47 PM
:lol: Do you have a set?? Besides that's not fair! You have over 20 TM's!

I know I've had a Spirit with them, just not sure if it's one of my current ones, or one that I've sold or parted out. They weren't in great shape so I didn't really think much of them.

I had a nice set from a Daytona (black with white embroidery) a few years back but sold them. I'd really like to find a set of 89 CSX mats with the CS logo on them, but when they come up for sale in nice shape it's usually big $$

I've been to 2 SDAC events and never saw them there and never saw any on the boards.

This world is a lot bigger than the internet and 2 SDAC events.

If upholstory shops can't help you, try looking for a place that does custom embroidery.

Dave
08-10-2006, 02:21 PM
K, thanks Dave. :)

1991SpiritES
08-11-2006, 11:15 PM
I have seen these floor mats. If fact I know some on right now that has them for his car 90 Spirit LE Turbo 5-speed. I also was looking in auto trader and there was a 90 Spirit LE Turbo 5-speed and in the pics the car had the floor mats.

I think that the mats that say Spirit or Daytona where availible when the car was new in 89-90 since these are the year cars that I have seen them in. My 89 Daytona I had 14 years ago had them, and the 89 Daytona I just parted out had them. I just bought a 88 Daytona Shelby Z from the original owner and it has factory floor mats, but it doesn't say Daytona. My 91 Spirit also has factory floor mats and they do not say Spirit in them.

Mike

Reaper1
08-15-2006, 12:07 AM
My 1990 Daytona also has them...I'd sure like to have a repro set....

DC Turismo
08-15-2006, 10:17 AM
Not to highjack, but does anyone have a good set of Black Daytona embroidered floormats? I bit my tongue seeing you just posted you did have a set at one time Dave, ah! Too bad I didn't know!

But yeah, any upholstery shop should have the means of redoing them. I would think, however, that you'd have to pull the carpet off of the rubber and then have them restitch the carpet before applying it with a very strong glue to the rubber backing?

Rick
12-01-2006, 10:56 AM
I have seen these floor mats. If fact I know some on right now that has them for his car 90 Spirit LE Turbo 5-speed. I also was looking in auto trader and there was a 90 Spirit LE Turbo 5-speed and in the pics the car had the floor mats.

I think that the mats that say Spirit or Daytona where availible when the car was new in 89-90 since these are the year cars that I have seen them in. My 89 Daytona I had 14 years ago had them, and the 89 Daytona I just parted out had them. I just bought a 88 Daytona Shelby Z from the original owner and it has factory floor mats, but it doesn't say Daytona. My 91 Spirit also has factory floor mats and they do not say Spirit in them.

Mike

I purchased the last set of Spirit "lettered" mats showing on Mopar's D2D last year. I have them stashed away in a closet still in the plastic wrap.

I got the part number from an old accessory price list I have dated 90 or 91.

JDAWG
12-01-2006, 11:07 AM
I just looked, all colors are discontinued, and NO dealers have any left, so if you have some hang onto them

Rick
12-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Yup, thats why I jumped on them. They are for my White R/T. :eyebrows:

I purchased a LOT of parts for my Spirit while I worked @ the dealership.

mcsvt
12-01-2006, 11:16 AM
John, any Daytona mats?

JDAWG
12-01-2006, 11:23 AM
Nope, there aernt any anywhere, no warehouses, no dealers left. Kinda weird I only showed them in 89 with the logo

JDAWG
12-01-2006, 11:43 AM
just thought of something, new Rams have a Daytona package and they make floor mats that say Daytona, I had some in stock. They fit kinda.
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/3244/matmm4.jpg

mcsvt
12-01-2006, 11:53 AM
hmm yeah that really isn't to bad. Is that the only color they come in? what does the stiching look like? and how much? :)

JDAWG
12-01-2006, 12:04 PM
yea they are only dark grey, it has an orand background and daytona on white, they are $60 list
http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/8000/mat2ih3.jpg

Blue Iroc R/T
12-01-2006, 01:33 PM
John,
Have you checked for any Daytona Floor Matts for the new Charger Daytona?

JDAWG
12-01-2006, 01:35 PM
hmm didnt think of that lemme look