PDA

View Full Version : TIII wb02 issue in 92 spirit rt....

tsiconquest88
07-07-2012, 11:23 PM
I have it all hooked up correctly from what I can tell. But I have no communication to my digital gauge. It just shows 7.4 flashing all the time. Talking with innovate was a joke. My main concern is when I checked the wires at the stock 02 (whack is no longer plugged in or screwed in the exhaust) I have power at the asd to 02 wire ground at other 2 but the signal wire where I tap ed into isn't powered. Yet this used to work as far as last year with my narrow band gauge tapped there. Idk why I have no signal there. Does the factory sensor need to be at east plugged in? Which the weirdest thing is I have the lc1 wire connected to simulate OEM use to make check engine light happy on engines that weren't equipped for wb. My light is not on. And idk if the sensor is working or not. Been running good as it seems too. Been using it daily over 2 months. Just getting tired of wondering whats up and not seeing readings. I thought maybe the sbec is faulty but idk how this one wire for signal should be. Again it worked with my narrowband last year. But since going holset and doing custom downpipe ditching stock 02 housing i put bung further down my 3" exhast from the hotter exhaust temps.

RJ138
07-08-2012, 01:06 AM
Is 7.4 trying to calibrate the sensor for air? Its been a while since I have played with widebands (I took a break from cars).

Have you tried another sensor? Seems like it is sending the correct signal to the SBEC since you car is running good but maybe something else is screwy with the sensor. How old is the sensor?

I have always kept the stock O2 sensor and added the wideband sensor further down, never had an issue. I have not owned a LC1 though, I had the LM1 and have a Wideband Commander currently.

tsiconquest88
07-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Yea i woulda kept the stock 02 but i dont have the stock turbo or 02 housing in use so i didnt think i should leave it plugged in sitting around so i totally left it out. So was i supposed to run the stocker in the exhaust too then?

RJ138
07-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Yea i woulda kept the stock 02 but i dont have the stock turbo or 02 housing in use so i didnt think i should leave it plugged in sitting around so i totally left it out. So was i supposed to run the stocker in the exhaust too then?

I just had another bung welded onto the downpipe. I don't have experience with the LC1 so I don't know what its doing to send a signal to the SBEC and then to the gauge itself. Sounds like the car is running okay so maybe there is something screwy with the connection to the gauge, as in its not getting a signal. Have you tried another sensor?

tsiconquest88
07-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Tried another wb sensor u mean? No. According to innovate the flashing 7.4 is no info getting to the gauge or faulty gauge. But this gauge is new anyway. If this sensor wasnt communicating somehow with the sbec i assume the engine would run like crap? And have check engine light on too?

Also i figured since the lc1 can simulate narrowband equipped cars than i didnt need the stock sensor plugged in. Maybe this is where my probs are from. I dont even have the stocker no more. It broke lol.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Well simulates once its simulate wire is tapped into the factory 02 signal wire as i stated i did.

RJ138
07-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Tried another wb sensor u mean? No. According to innovate the flashing 7.4 is no info getting to the gauge or faulty gauge. But this gauge is new anyway. If this sensor wasnt communicating somehow with the sbec i assume the engine would run like crap? And have check engine light on too?

Also i figured since the lc1 can simulate narrowband equipped cars than i didnt need the stock sensor plugged in. Maybe this is where my probs are from. I dont even have the stocker no more. It broke lol.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Well simulates once its simulate wire is tapped into the factory 02 signal wire as i stated i did.

Have you triple checked your wiring? It sounds like the narrowband wire is reading correctly, if it wasn't your car might not run at all or it would still run but it would stumble around and load up on fuel.

I would go through the wiring from the gauge to the module and sensor. Make sure you didn't mix something up and make sure you have good grounds. If you are sure everything is hooked up correctly then maybe you have a faulty gauge. If you bought it new they will probably warranty it for you.

tsiconquest88
07-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Yea i went over the wires 3 times the triple lol. I mean somethins up but if i had my stock sensor i would try plugging it in if works great. If not get another bung in my downpipe and screw it in and try again. I am thinking the asd wire at the connector supplies the power and when sensor is plugged in then you get return (signal) back and if thats the case, explains my lack of a signal.

GLHNSLHT2
07-08-2012, 07:47 PM
plug a laptop into the LC-1. You should be able to fire up logworks and watch the virtual gauge. Is the V gauge still flashing 7.4?

Red wire off the Lc-1 goes to a switched on power source,

blue and white wires get soldered together and then grounded at the battery.

Yellow wire feeds the ECU and the brown wire feeds the gauge, Solder both.

Do not run with the WBo2 sensor unplugged, it'll screw up the sensor.

tsiconquest88
07-08-2012, 08:35 PM
By yellow to the ecu do you mean the 02 signal wire? thats where i have it. Thats where the narrowband gauge used to go. And manual says put that yellow wire to use for simulating narrowban. But as i stated above idk why its always ground instead of powere. And as asked is it due to the lack of oem sensor being pluggd in the oem sensot connector?

GLHNSLHT2
07-08-2012, 08:54 PM
yes yellow wire goes to the ECU O2 signal wire. The stock O2 sensor generates it's own signal to the O2. So the LC-1 sends it's simulated signal to the ECU. You won't get power out of it without either the LC-1 or the stock O2 hooked up.

A scanner will tell you if you're getting proper voltage from the LC-1 to the ECU.

But your concern is the gauge wiring and the brown wire coming from the LC-1. Your problem sounds like it's there.

Hook a laptop up to the Lc-1 so you can fire up log works and view the virtual gauge.

tsiconquest88
07-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Ah sounds like my issue is actually just lack of stock o2 sensor. I will get a bung put in and find a good used stock sensor. My wiring is ok its done as u said except my blue/white are grounded at a fresh sanded area by the strut and its a good solid ground, checked with my power probe when i did it and today again. Thanks to both of u especially you glhs for confurming stock sensor doing what i thought mighta been the case. Im also gonna setup laptop too. Gotta see if they have the program loadable from their site i dont have the disc. Cant find it. And never did get it installed on my laptop prior.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Oh and if either of u have a sensor lol? Toss me a price. I guess oem mopar would best as ive read around here.

GLHNSLHT2
07-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Where'd you come up with that?

Not having a stock O2 is not your problem. The LC-1 is sending a signal to the ECU.

Your problem lies with either the brown wire or the wiring for the guage.

I was saying use the laptop to see if the LC-1 is outputting the correct wideband data. The virtual gauge on the laptop should coincide with what your gauge is reading.

I would also ground the blue/white wire at the battery. These things are hugely sensitive to grounds. Even when you think you have a good ground you may not. Going to the battery ensures you have the best ground possible.

tsiconquest88
07-08-2012, 11:40 PM
I thought u were saying that since a stock o2 isnt plugged into my oem connector then thats why i have no voltage and for some reason the signal is ground. That cant be a prob with the wb causing it. Im figuring i dont have a positive reading at my factory signal wire is cus no oem sensor plugged in there to complete the reading