PDA

View Full Version : '07 Spectra, gimme a crystal ball reading ...

RoadWarrior222
07-03-2012, 02:16 PM
SIL now has 2007 Kia Spectra, check engine light coming on and off again, any guesses at anything common?

Just thought I'd ask on the offchance, it sounds "fruity" ... not in the gay sense... when this happens so kinda suspecting it's going rich... though that could just be open loop... but I thunk anything that made it go open loop, it would stay there until reset/fixed... don't have any OBD2 kit around.

I dunno if these things have a MAF or MAP, kinda wondering if it's a MAF that could do with a clean.... or a filter change.

anokabball24
07-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Could be the MAF, O2 sensors, a coil pack these parts are very prone to failure in newer cars.

black86glhs
07-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Get the thing scanned and let us know. Then we will talk.

shackwrrr
07-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Get the thing scanned and let us know. Then we will talk.

+1 with hundreds of codes for anything from cam timing to torque converter slip you never know.

Had a Hyundai come into the shop that when it heated up the traction control would engage and the throttle would do nothing. It would do it going up hills and just fall on its face forcing you to pull over and shut it off. The pcm was full of codes from bus failure to maf problems. Then another Korea gem came in with a code for the "ignition failure sensor" when using the flow chart the readings were so fubar that you could no reach the end. Unfortunately I work in the McDonalds equivalent of auto shops (monro) and my boss never let me get any deeper.

RoadWarrior222
07-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Yah, I haven't got an up to date enough scanner to work on it.... she's doing a "I'm not taking it anywhere until the light stays on" thing... :banghead:

Thanks for the hints and info so far.

Not sure anywhere does free code reads any more around here. I'll have to check on that.