PDA

View Full Version : AFR Datalog?

ShelGame
07-02-2012, 02:49 PM
wowzer asked in the MP Tune thread, but I'm not sure if anyone really saw it - so, does anyone have a good WB AFR data log?

He's trying to create a somewhat automated PEFTBL re-calculator in MP Tune. It's basically done, but needs to be tested out.

Just need some data. :eyebrows:

The data needs to have AFR, MAP, and RPM for each datapoint; at WOT if at all possible. Any number of data points would be good, but the more the better for tweaking the PEFTBL. Also, it would help to know what cal you're running so we can reference the correct stock PEFTBL.

The way it will work is, you input a table of AFR data (AFR, RPM, MAP), and MP Tune will draw a 'ghost' line on the PEFTBL that represents the changes required to hit the desired A/F called for in the WOT fuel table. All you have to do then is move the PEFTBL to the ghost line to correct the AFR to the desired AFR. It's not quite automatic, but it's a good start.

cordes
07-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Wow, that's really cool. I'm willing to bet that there are quite a few datalogs out there with those in it.

ShelGame
07-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Wow, that's really cool. I'm willing to bet that there are quite a few datalogs out there with those in it.

The more the merrier :)

I anyone has a log they want to share, just post it up here. I'm sure morris will see this...

turbovanmanČ
07-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Rob aka Forcefedmopar should have all the logs you need.

bakes
07-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Is there a spair input to use that the WB 4v could be wired to to log through the Smec
right now im logging through the smec/ snapon Solus and veiwing on shopconnect i can mae 15min movies at a time

ShelGame
07-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Is there a spair input to use that the WB 4v could be wired to to log through the Smec
right now im logging through the smec/ snapon Solus and veiwing on shopconnect i can mae 15min movies at a time

I was going to put it into the NB input. Then, convert the signal internally (via a table) to simulate the NB signal. That way, I can log the WB data with MP Tune, but (theoretically) run like stock.

But, that doesn't exist yet, and won't help you out.

To answer your question directly - No, there's no spare 5v inputs to use for the WB signal.

zin
07-02-2012, 06:10 PM
How about the charge air temp? Assuming the cal isn't using that info, I don't see why one couldn't plug the WB into that input, then log everything at once?

Seems like the factory doesn't really do much with the charge air temp sensor anyway... Although I admit, putting the signal into the NB input would be ideal!

Mike

wowzer
07-03-2012, 01:55 PM
just saw this thread. thx for posting shelgame.

anybody? like shelgame said, its already setup in the latest version. unfortunately all i had for data were logs from my lc1 (POS!) off my camaro. haven't had time to hook up the ngk afx.

ShelGame
07-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Bump for data!

whywoody
07-07-2012, 12:48 PM
I might be able to help here.
I use a TechEdge WB controller/datalogger that will log all that and more. It uses Winlog to log the info, and I also use a flashable smec so I could try stuff for you quickly.
I use a 3 bar map and 52lb injector's, but I can easily swap the 2 bar back in and turn the fuel pressure down to try and simulate stock injectors.
The van is built as a 2.5ltr Hybrid with a HY35 turbo, and is 5sp, which may be good for testing the pumpeff calculations as it is a fair change from stock.

How would you prefer the info? Would it be best as voltage or afr, psi etc?

ShelGame
07-07-2012, 01:19 PM
I might be able to help here.
I use a TechEdge WB controller/datalogger that will log all that and more. It uses Winlog to log the info, and I also use a flashable smec so I could try stuff for you quickly.
I use a 3 bar map and 52lb injector's, but I can easily swap the 2 bar back in and turn the fuel pressure down to try and simulate stock injectors.
The van is built as a 2.5ltr Hybrid with a HY35 turbo, and is 5sp, which may be good for testing the pumpeff calculations as it is a fair change from stock.

How would you prefer the info? Would it be best as voltage or afr, psi etc?

That's great! AFR+RPM+MAP is what we need (and we need all 3 for each data point - ie, XX AFR @ YYrpm and ZZpsi). I think we would also need (for testing purposes) the TPS voltage. The calculator will compare to either the WOT or PT fuel table, but you don't want to use PT data against the WOT table, for example. So, we'll want to be able to separate the WOT and PT AFR data.

It doesn't really matter (I think) if it's stock, 3-bar, +40's etc. But, we would also need a copy of your cal to make it work right.

1966 dart wagon
07-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Im running a zietronix wb, is it alright to just log the voltage at the map sensor, or do you want it to be in actual psi readings, cause then I need to buy the boost pressure sensor and at a $100+ I don't see that happening.

ShelGame
07-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Im running a zietronix wb, is it alright to just log the voltage at the map sensor, or do you want it to be in actual psi readings, cause then I need to buy the boost pressure sensor and at a $100+ I don't see that happening.

That should work. I can convert it to the ECU MAP units...

wowzer
07-07-2012, 09:26 PM

voltage is fine for all the sensors. as rob said they can all be converted back to the appropriate units as needed. will need to have the cal that goes with it also.

whywoody
07-08-2012, 12:25 AM
I hope this helps, really don't know what I'm doing!! Let me know if it's not what you are after, and how I can help more.

ShelGame
07-08-2012, 11:40 AM
I hope this helps, really don't know what I'm doing!! Let me know if it's not what you are after, and how I can help more.

Thanks!

bfarroo
07-08-2012, 01:16 PM
My Zeitronic seems to crap out every time I make a full run. I'm not sure if it's a ground issue or what so I don't have may full runs. Here's one of the good ones I've gotten through all 4 gears. TPS shows 93 at wot on the datalog. It's in a CSV format also. This is my hybrid motor. Should be a variation of the cal a sent you a a while ago.

ShelGame
07-08-2012, 01:18 PM
My Zeitronic seems to crap out every time I make a full run. I'm not sure if it's a ground issue or what so I don't have may full runs. Here's one of the good ones I've gotten through all 4 gears. TPS shows 93 at wot on the datalog. It's in a CSV format also. This is my hybrid motor. Should be a variation of the cal a sent you a a while ago.

Same PEFTBL as the cal I have on file for you? Or have you tuned it?

bfarroo
07-08-2012, 06:08 PM
I sent you a email with my current cal file.

risen
07-13-2012, 10:05 PM
If you're interested I can try and get one next weekend with logworks on my CSX. I'm not sure how easy it'll be to export whatever format logworks uses into something that you can parse automatically, since it doesn't spit out .csv files.

whywoody
07-14-2012, 01:56 PM
I was looking at the log I posted in the zip file, and finally realized why the voltage for the map/tps is not logged very well, meaning that it is only showing 1 volt at a time rather than 1.00 volts.... sorry! I have changed some settings and it should be alot better now, if you need more accuracy.

ShelGame
07-18-2012, 09:23 AM
I was looking at the log I posted in the zip file, and finally realized why the voltage for the map/tps is not logged very well, meaning that it is only showing 1 volt at a time rather than 1.00 volts.... sorry! I have changed some settings and it should be alot better now, if you need more accuracy.

Yeah, if you can re-post it that would be great. The resolution of only 1volt isn't going to cut it for MAP. A 1.00v resolution, if possible, will be much better for this little exercise.

ShelGame
07-18-2012, 09:57 AM

OK, so here's a taste of what this utility will do.

Benji - don't use this just yet. I want to check it all out to make sure it's suggesting the correct adjustments. It doesn't quite look right to me. Your AFR tables should be giving you ~11.5:1 AFR in boost, and it appears that's what you're getting from the log. But, the PEFTBL calculator is suggesting that it be richened up a couple of points.

EDIT: Well, that's actually not your current PEFTBL anyway. I'm going to work on this with the V13 template you sent me for the staging limiter test stuff...

wowzer
07-18-2012, 11:19 AM

-what's the difference in the 2 afr readings? do you have 2 widebands?
-how is the afr calculated? directly from the zeitronic or do you have to use a formula to convert voltage to afr?

bfarroo
07-18-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm not sure why it does it like that. The Zeitronics logs the file and when you open it it looks just like the live screen. When looking a the log you can select to export to CSV or Text file option. I left it in the exact format as the software spit out. It seems like it exports it with 1 or 2 decimal places. I'm only running 1 wideband sensor.

whywoody
07-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Here's another try from me! I changed the settings to log 0.000v for map and tps, and included the Cal which is different from what I included last time.
I found that I had to scale up the fuel part throttle, and wide open tables, by an additional 10% over what MPTune suggested for my chosen target afr's, and then reduce the pump eff. by 10% or else I would max out the pump eff. and still be lean. This is with 52lbs injectors selected at stock fuel pressure.

ShelGame
07-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Here's another try from me! I changed the settings to log 0.000v for map and tps, and included the Cal which is different from what I included last time.
I found that I had to scale up the fuel part throttle, and wide open tables, by an additional 10% over what MPTune suggested for my chosen target afr's, and then reduce the pump eff. by 10% or else I would max out the pump eff. and still be lean. This is with 52lbs injectors selected at stock fuel pressure.

Hmm, doesn't seem like it's going to work with your cal, woody. When you fudge the AFR tables to compensate for needing more PEFTBL, this calculator can't figure it out.

On that note, I did figure out how to do the PEFTBL re-scale. I need to double-check the math, but in my test cal, the PEFTBL will now go from 0-200%. If this works, I'll send it to you to try...

Force Fed Mopar
07-26-2012, 09:30 PM
I have to build a logging cable to log with my AEM. I'll try and do so soon as I can. I have been busy trying to get the boost control to work.

iangoround
06-25-2013, 12:14 AM
What ever became of this?

ShelGame
06-25-2013, 07:08 AM
What ever became of this?

Need good data to test it. I'm putting the WB In my car finally this week. So, hopefully I can try it out with my own data...

iangoround
06-25-2013, 09:08 AM
If you want more data I may be able to get some runs in today after I take my truck in for its annual state inspection provided the weather isn't too crappy. I haven't done anything to the cal except scale for injectors and map so far and it runs very rich at idle/no throttle decel. Usually around 10.8:1. I'm sure the PE table is off, but if any data is useful I'd be glad to help.