PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for all the help at 22!

cordes
07-01-2012, 06:40 PM
I wanted to thank everyone that helped with the Daytona throughout SDAC 22. As many know the Daytona had a wicked intermittent code 54 indicating the HEP signal was not there. With the aid of of SDAC members old and new I was able to get the car back into serviceable condition to return home.

So...

Thanks to Wes for towing the car to SDAC. Thanks to George for giving up his nice AC in the process. Thanks to Joe D. for all the help tracking down the wiring problem(s). Thanks to Jeff C. for the loaner SMEC to confirm that was not the problem. Thanks to 5Digits for helping while I was sick in bed. Thanks to Jon Trotter for helping so much throughout the week. Thanks to all of those I forgot to mention. Finally, thanks to Joy for thinking this was still fun!

Orangetona
07-01-2012, 09:29 PM
I wanted to thank everyone that helped with the Daytona throughout SDAC 22. As many know the Daytona had a wicked intermittent code 54 indicating the HEP signal was not there. With the aid of of SDAC members old and new I was able to get the car back into serviceable condition to return home.

So...

Thanks to Wes for towing the car to SDAC. Thanks to George for giving up his nice AC in the process. Thanks to Joe D. for all the help tracking down the wiring problem(s). Thanks to Jeff C. for the loaner SMEC to confirm that was not the problem. Thanks to 5Digits for helping while I was sick in bed. Thanks to Jon Trotter for helping so much throughout the week. Thanks to all of those I forgot to mention. Finally, thanks to Joy for thinking this was still fun!

The last part is ftw. Thats awesome that everyone helped out. Sucks you were sick the first night tho :(

Clay
07-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Joy is a trooper, thats for sure!

cordes
07-01-2012, 10:18 PM
The last part is ftw. Thats awesome that everyone helped out. Sucks you were sick the first night tho :(

Yeah, sometimes I just get bad sinus headaches which require a good puking followed by 10-12 hours of sleep. It stinks, but it's quick.

Joy is a trooper, thats for sure!

Indeed!

Orangetona
07-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Yeah, sometimes I just get bad sinus headaches which require a good puking followed by 10-12 hours of sleep. It stinks, but it's quick.

Like I said in another thread, I get bad headaches pretty often. Usually back or top of the head. (it has calmed down A LOT) Although, at SDAC Sean can attest they sure as heck didn't take a holiday. The whole awards night I had a massive headache and I just pushed through it and just drank it away...sort of lol. Made it worse at first, then you get to a certain point and its meh. Haha.

2.216VTurbo
07-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Hey Brian, how about you and Joy just fly in and rent something, wouldn"t it be easier than wrenching on your car every year:p?

cordes
07-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Hey Brian, how about you and Joy just fly in and rent something, wouldn"t it be easier than wrenching on your car every year:p?

This was really the first year that we had to do much work while at SDAC. At 20 the timing belt broke and we missed the autocross because of it, but that was really just a two hour ordeal. If I have many more problems like this I will be flying in though.