PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering Pumps are now NS1 from Mopar

fleckster
08-07-2006, 06:58 PM
This may have already been know to you guys but...

I've had a local dealership trying to locate a new or even a Mopar Reman Power Steering Pump for my '92 Spirit R/T. After two different tries at ordering them had them arrive as pumps for TBI engines, the dealer's service department put in a call to the powers that be at Mopar to finally get the part procurement resolved. They got a nice letter faxed back to them stating that the Pump was no longer and would not ever again be available for order. Also there is no updated or superseeded part numbers to use. They did find that one was available new through NAPA for me. We can only guess that these are coming from the original supplier for them as I can't imagine anyone would have tooled up specifically for this unit. Anyway, I'm supposed to have one either Wednesday or Thursday. I'll let you know when (and if!) it shows up. At least mine is usable. It just leaks quite a bit.

Turbodave
08-08-2006, 12:07 PM
Rockauto.com lists an A/C Delco reman pump for the 16v, $115.79

turbovanmanČ
08-08-2006, 12:34 PM
My local parts guys have them, no issue on running out. Heck, I have a rebuilder that can rebuild them if needed, :thumb:

Clay
08-08-2006, 12:51 PM
My local hydraulics place has rebuilt pumps for me in the past with good results. Just another option for those looking.

Dave
08-09-2006, 03:20 AM
Yah I discovered that today when pulling into my local Dodge dealer... p/s pump squealing and all. :thumb:

fleckster
08-09-2006, 10:16 AM
Yah I discovered that today when pulling into my local Dodge dealer... p/s pump squealing and all. :thumb:

When did you put a Turbo III in your car?

Dave
08-09-2006, 10:34 AM
When did you put a Turbo III in your car?

Well I finished it yesterday...

No, I meant even the T1 pumps are gone as well. Are the TBI pumps still available?

fleckster
08-09-2006, 10:45 AM
They must be as that's what I kept getting sent. I would guess that the Turbo I and TBI pumps are still available through Mopar Reman just not new. I can't even get a Reman through Mopar.

They advertise all the time about how they have such a great Reman product for everything. I notice that everytime I look through the "Mopar Magazine" that I subscribe to and that they give away at the dealership. Every month, it's a different product, Mopar Reman a/c compressors, crate engines, transaxles, rack and pinions, etc. Then it's the Mopar ValueLine brakes. "Use only Genuine Mopar Parts." I'd love to but unless you are looking for a less than 5 year old Sebring or Voyager, they don't continue stocking parts for you. How many people need a Mopar crate engine on a five year old car? I can't see how the program even pays for itself.

JDAWG
08-09-2006, 12:07 PM
New pumps (not TIII) are still avail if you have $250. I wouldnt resommend getting a reman mopar pump. They are a pile of junk. Get a new one from aftermarket.

TurboJerry
08-10-2006, 03:25 AM
The ZF pumps are used by GM as well. The difference is in the reservior. I rebuild my own because the Remans are junk like JDAWG said. The kit is $12...... Also the TBI/T-1/T-2/T-4 ZF pumps are the same as the T-3 one. Just the reservior is different once again. My friends T-3 pump was damaged beyond repair, and I took the pump out of a TBI and put the T-3 reservior on it and it was handled. I wish Mopar would've put the saginaw pump on the T-3's......... Life would be happy then.

fleckster
08-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Okay, now word has come back...although they listed it and said they could get it, NAPA can not produce a Pump for my Spirit either. I would be more than willing to order one from Rock Auto (or elsewhere) but I'd hate to have it come in and then be the wrong unit. I'm open to suggestions. What would you guys do? I'd prefer a new pump but I'd take a GOOD reman. I really don't think I'd like a rebuild kit as I know with my luck, my shaft will be marred and not usable. Anybody have a good one that they did a rebuild on that they would like to sell?

turbovanmanČ
08-11-2006, 04:32 PM
My local supplier has them, Fenco units, very good quality, but no resovoir which is no big deal, $200 Canadian.

fleckster
08-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Simon, I checked out their website. They look like a quality deal. Who sells them? I can't seem to find a dealer or who carries them. Advance Auto carries Fenco clutches but nothing in the power steering line. I'd love to find someone local that could get it. I'd hate to have to have you pick one up for me and then have to ship it!

turbovanmanČ
08-14-2006, 12:32 PM
My local parts supplier Lordco. SHipping is no biggie, trust me, :D

fleckster
08-15-2006, 08:32 AM
Simon, can you check with them on availability, definite price, and is there is a core required? Right now, your suggestion is the best option I have if you're willing to help me.

turbovanmanČ
08-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Simon, can you check with them on availability, definite price, and is there is a core required? Right now, your suggestion is the best option I have if you're willing to help me.

I did when I posted, in stock. There is a core charge but you can send me yours whenever you get it off. I will just pay the core charge out of my pocket. PM me info and I will get the pump out to you.

fleckster
08-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Thanks to Simon, I received my power steering pump this morning and I ran it up to the dealership. I hope to have my Spirit back tomorrow! Three cheers for Simon!

turbovanmanČ
08-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Thanks to Simon, I received my power steering pump this morning and I ran it up to the dealership. I hope to have my Spirit back tomorrow! Three cheers for Simon!

Holy sh*t, you already got it????? :eek:

Well thats awesome dude, I hope it all works out for you.