PDA

View Full Version : Swirl vs G-head PumpEff table

Force Fed Mopar
06-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Are they the same, or different? If different, does anyone have a screenshot of the G-head table they can post, or a cal I can look at?

Shadow
06-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Whoops!:confused2:

Force Fed Mopar
06-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Lolz??

ShelGame
06-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Hard to say how much effect the head alone has. The PEFTBL for G-Head cals are all very different from FB head cals. But, there were never any G-Head cals from the factory for a 2-pc or 1-pc intake - only the log intake. Obviously, the intake is going to have a big effect. As is the cam - and all of the G-Head cals were also for slider cams.

That said, in my personal opinion, the shape of the port itself (unported) will have a small effect on the PEFTBL compared to the intake+cam. So, I would start with the PEFTBL that's correct for (or at least closest to) your intake+cam combination.

turbovanmanČ
06-26-2012, 11:08 PM
I would say if they flow the same as a swirl head, use that PE table, its the timing that's the big difference.

88C/S
06-27-2012, 05:14 AM
Which cal has the 2-piece, the T-SMEC_MTX_22_4344_MP?

Shadow
06-27-2012, 09:59 AM
I would say if they flow the same as a swirl head, use that PE table, its the timing that's the big difference.

Nailed it right there, they Don't flow the same, the G-head out flows the swirl by a good 20% in stock form. Take it from there :)

turbovanmanČ
06-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Nailed it right there, they Don't flow the same, the G-head out flows the swirl by a good 20% in stock form. Take it from there :)

Whatever, they are close enough I bet you don't even notice, modified, then yeah, :p

Oggie Fisher
06-27-2012, 03:27 PM
I thought the Mopar Performance cylinder heads were based on the G-head?

turbovanmanČ
06-27-2012, 04:02 PM
They are/were.

Oggie Fisher
06-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Wouldn't the Super 60 cal have the table the op could use - or since that's open loop it doesn't have the table he's looking for?
Just starting to learn about cals so please forgive my ignorance.

Force Fed Mopar
06-27-2012, 06:00 PM
I thought the Mopar Performance cylinder heads were based on the G-head?

They are/were.

Wouldn't the Super 60 cal have the table the op could use - or since that's open loop it doesn't have the table he's looking for?
Just starting to learn about cals so please forgive my ignorance.

The problem with the Super 60 cal is it is set for the Super 60/MP head, which is ported and has larger valves.

zin
06-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Seems like the way to get good data for an accurate comparison would be to look at the PumpEff table from an 85 turbo (G head) and an 86 (Swirl), since those years had pretty much the same intake/cam the biggest difference would be the head itself. Pretty simple really, IF that info is in someone's library...

Mike

Force Fed Mopar
06-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Seems like the way to get good data for an accurate comparison would be to look at the PumpEff table from an 85 turbo (G head) and an 86 (Swirl), since those years had pretty much the same intake/cam the biggest difference would be the head itself. Pretty simple really, IF that info is in someone's library...

Mike

It is not in anybody's library that I could find, hence this thread :) I have the '85 cals Rob L posted in the repository, but since we haven't done a disassembly on the '85 code yet, there's no way to ID the table except by educated guess. And I know enough to make a guess, and I don't see any table currently readable that might be the PumpEff. Once Rob L gets done with the T-GLHS build, we should be able to start on the '85 code. I was just hoping someone might have a more complete '85 cal we could look at.

zin
06-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Simple solutions just never seem to be simple!:mad:

Mike