View Full Version : No start 90 daytona

90vntbenson
06-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Mods prior to starting and perfect drivability are
Custom cal
3 bar
40+ injectors
FMIC and piping

Symptoms are tachometer is jumping and the SBEC is whining insync with the tach jumping....
Fuel pump isn't priming and if I hold the key to the start position it turns for a fraction of a second and cuts of and repeat.

turbovanmanČ
06-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Sounds like a bad cal or bad socket job.

ShelGame
06-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Mods prior to starting and perfect drivability are
Custom cal
3 bar
40+ injectors
FMIC and piping

Symptoms are tachometer is jumping and the SBEC is whining insync with the tach jumping....
Fuel pump isn't priming and if I hold the key to the start position it turns for a fraction of a second and cuts of and repeat.

What chip are you using? Only the 87C257 will work in an SBEC. If you're trying a 27SF512, it won't work without an adapter.

90vntbenson
06-26-2012, 07:04 PM
I do not know what chip, it was a cal done by you but im not sure if its the problem. I learned of a few grounds that I'm cleaning right now that connect fuel pressure and tachometer signal and other various diagnostics.

ShelGame
06-26-2012, 08:58 PM
I do not know what chip, it was a cal done by you but im not sure if its the problem. I learned of a few grounds that I'm cleaning right now that connect fuel pressure and tachometer signal and other various diagnostics.

Did I do it for you? Or someone else? I can find a record of doing a cal for you - just the computer. I want to check the cal and what chip it might be.

The way it sounds, I think it's a bad chip and/or burn.

90vntbenson
06-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Yes, been about a week
Alec Benson

ShelGame
06-26-2012, 09:57 PM
Yes, been about a week
Alec Benson

I did a computer for you last week, but where did the chip come from? I don't think I did it...

90vntbenson
06-26-2012, 10:01 PM
The chip must me stock then.( If it comes with a chip stock) I havent touched it at least. theres a chip in there with a flat head in it and when you turn it little fins move.

ShelGame
06-26-2012, 10:56 PM
The chip must me stock then.( If it comes with a chip stock) I havent touched it at least. theres a chip in there with a flat head in it and when you turn it little fins move.

That's not a chip - it's a ZIF socket. The chip goes in the socket. Sounds like there's no chip in there (you specified no chip in the order...).

90vntbenson
06-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Ordered 87C257, sorry about the trouble.

ShelGame
06-26-2012, 11:13 PM
Ordered 87C257, sorry about the trouble.

Ok, what you ordered us just a blank chip. I assume you're looking for a cal on it? Let me know what your looking for. I actually have a couple of stock cal 'pulls' (factory chips), that I can give you instead of the blank. I think I have a stock cal, and a MP cal.

90vntbenson
06-26-2012, 11:39 PM
And other options would be? compared to stock? like injectors and 3 bar compatibility? Basically my car needs to run on the 3 bar and and injecors

turbovanmanČ
06-26-2012, 11:40 PM
And other options would be? compared to stock? like injectors and 3 bar compatibility? Basically my car needs to run on the 3 bar and and injecors

That's what Rob does, he can make you the cal you need. I would PM him.

90vntbenson
06-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Yes i ordered a cal but i didnt order the chip... anyways ill just take the stock one i dont have any use for the MP as i have no tuner.

turbovanmanČ
06-27-2012, 02:41 AM
Yes i ordered a cal but i didnt order the chip... anyways ill just take the stock one i dont have any use for the MP as i have no tuner.

The cal is the part of the chip, if you specified a calibration, then you would have gotten a chip with it on. Did you fill out the calibration form with your mods?

You have a 3 bar and +40's, the stock cal is useless for your application. Rob was being nice offering you the MP cal, just order the one you need.

90vntbenson
06-27-2012, 08:38 AM
I hate computers. Just charge me accordingly. On the chip i need to be able to be compatible with the 3 bar, 52 lb/hr injectors, t3 turbo(not the t4 i swear) No i need the MP? Yes i filled out the form.
Thanks!

ShelGame
06-27-2012, 08:58 AM

Well, you didn't order a cal either. Did you fill out a spec sheet? I must have missed it (I get a ton of e-mails during the week). I don't usually look for them unless I get an order for a cal. I'll check my inbox again.

Since I don't have it in front of me, what exactly is it you're looking for in a cal? Judging by your username, I'm going to assume you're looking for a 2.2 VNT-based cal? And from the discussion, a 3-bar +40 version? I'll look at your specs tonight.

I know the ala carte ordering thing can be confusing on my site. I've tried to come up with a better way of doing it, but every thing to simplify it means reducing the choices. My main intent is to support the DIY tuners and to give choices when ordering so you can do as much or as little as possible. But, I know it's more difficult to get through if you just want a complete computer.

So, now, go here (http://www.boostbutton.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=36) and order just the cal, no chip (you already bought the right chip). I'll dig up your spec sheet and get it out to you as soon as possible.

90vntbenson
06-27-2012, 09:05 AM
Ok but it has a T3 rt turbo not vnt. everything else is correct.

ShelGame
06-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Ok but it has a T3 rt turbo not vnt. everything else is correct.

Oh, Ok, so a VNT-to-T2 type of conversion. That's no big deal...

90vntbenson
06-28-2012, 08:07 PM
If its not to late can i pay for 1 day shipping?

ShelGame
06-28-2012, 08:48 PM
If its not to late can i pay for 1 day shipping?

It's not too late, but that's really expensive. USPS Express mail is $18.95 and they show it to arrive Monday (if I drop it off tomorrow). If you really want it 1-day, (Saturday), FedEx can do it for $49.35...

ShelGame
06-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Alec - how much boost do you want to run? You left it blank on your spec sheet, and at the bottom you put 'all blanks are vnt stock'. Do you just want stock boost levels? And, you put 13psi for the overboost setpoint, which is actually lower than stock.

So, I guess, what boost are you going to run?

turbovanmanČ
06-28-2012, 09:54 PM
I might be way out here but why don't you guys talk to each on that new fangled techno gizmo called the phone? :eyebrows:

90vntbenson
06-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Whats a phone? I must've put the overboost thinking you wanted stock or something like that anyway. 20 psi overboost. Ill be consistintly running 15. Then 20 will be the max for now.

ShelGame
06-29-2012, 09:35 PM
So, did you want it sent express? Or not? I shoudl be heading to the post office tomorrow morning...

90vntbenson
06-29-2012, 09:45 PM
I can wait ill go with the USPS

90vntbenson
07-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Any updates???