PDA

View Full Version : Which power steering pump?

bn880
08-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Hi again,

just wanted to probe some of your brains about what kind of power steering pump I may have in my 1986 Lebaron GTS. It's not a stock pump, it's plastic and has a different pressure hose fitting from the steel stockers. Any idea how to order the proper pressure hose for the plastic pump (vehicle model year etc?)

I'm thinking it's some 1991 Sundance pump... but cant be sure. Steering rack is 2.5 turn. (it's certainly a Chrysler product)

Info welcome. :nod:

Thanks

turbovanmanČ
08-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Someone could have swapped on the newer ZF pumps, it has a alumium housing surrounded by plastic and used a few different hoses, some had a banjo fitting, others had a screw in fitting. The Saginaw pump is the normal one with the steel resovoir or GM pump. If unsure, remove the line and take it to the parts store, then they can go thru the various models and you an match it up. My 89 Turbo Shadow had the ZF pump and a banjo fitting.

bn880
08-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Ahh yes it has a banjo fitting as well. Thanks I'll try to get it sorted with that info, good to know an 89 Turbo shadow had that, have to compensate for these lazy parts suppliers. ;)