PDA

View Full Version : Cost for mid 13s?

slamer283
06-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Hello, i am wondering how much it would cost to rebuild my engine. It is an 85 t1. I would convert it to a TII. How much would it cost to rebuild it so that my car is in the mid 13s?? I am doing a 5 speed swap soon. AnD what turbo would be good to get for this setup?

Wiscoballer
06-14-2012, 11:52 PM
car, weight, transmission?

BadAssPerformance
06-15-2012, 12:23 AM
AnD what turbo would be good to get for this setup?

What setup? Please give us all the details on your build... can go 13's on a stock mitsu, stock garrett, Holset, t3/t4 hybrid, GT35r, etc...

car, weight, transmission?

+1 to this...

Which car (Omni, Charger, Shadow, Daytona, etc?)
What weight (full interior, non gutted, or race car?) ...two ways to make a car quick, more HP or more lightness
What engine would you like to end up with from your 85 T1?

Also...

What are your skills? "How much it cost" has as much to do with how much are you able to do yourself vs. paying someone to do it.

A stock Shelby Dodge can run 13's with some simple mods... depending on what it is

slamer283
06-15-2012, 12:30 AM
As for the car it is a daytona. The weight would be no back seats, 2 racing seats and the rest full.

tryingbe
06-15-2012, 01:11 AM
Slicks, whatever mod to support 20psi (clutch, injectors, fuel pump, 3 bar map, ecu, wideband, etc) and you're there.

turbovanmanČ
06-15-2012, 01:35 AM
I feel like I am a parrot, lol, thee stock Garrett you have will get you into the 13's and maybe even the 12's with the proper build, how light the car is and how well you can drive.

Cost, depends on your skill level, most of the stuff you need you can get from the wreckers or here, so I'd say if your doing the work, with a decent clutch, expect to shell out $2000ish, that will take care of any surprises, 2 piece intake, exhaust, ic, piping, calibrated computer, slicks, injectors, fuel pump, wideband, boost gauge.