PDA

View Full Version : new info on my engine issue...HELP!

LeBaronMike
06-13-2012, 12:31 AM
So as you have read in my previous threads, I am having boost issues. I shortened the waste gate for a tighter seal and that mainly fixed part of the issue. Here is what is happening now.... Its an automatic A413 tranny. The ECU is stage 3 FWD performance, set to 15 PSI. In DRIVE the car has no power from dead stop to WOT, feels almost as if it is in 3rd gear right off the bat. In GEAR 1 at a dead stop to WOT once it reaches 4000RPM I get 11 PSI then I shift to second gear and get around 5-7PSI then I shift to D and get maybe 2 PSI. But in D it doesn't downshift...very odd right? Are these trannys by any chance really picky when it comes to fluid? Could that be an issue?
I did a compression test and fuel pressure test, both passed. A/F ratio is good.
Could the waste gate solenoid be faulty since its only holding 10psi but ecu is set to 15?
ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED THANK YOU!

wallace
06-13-2012, 07:46 AM
Boost leak? Do you have the tv cable connected from the tranny to the throttle body? Has the tv cable been adjusted. When you start off in drive does it shift to 2nd and 3rd? Did the transmission work correctly before the engine swap? It was asked in a previous thread to verify ignition and cam timing was that done?

LeBaronMike
06-14-2012, 10:16 PM
So I did some research about the tranny that I bought off a guy. Turns out e put a manual shift kit in it without notifying me when I bought it. Superior K404-670. So that explains why the trannys not working the way I thought it should. I will check cam and ign timing this weekend and post back.