PDA

View Full Version : Need Clutch suggestions.

89ShelbyGuy
06-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Hello all..well, after 6 years of getting my shelby to where it is today.. (many tuning problems..) I finally got a new flashable smec and have it running perfect....but, now my t2/t3 hybrid clutch in my a555 doesn't hold the power my engine puts out...Theres so many clutchs to choose from....i am looking for some suggestions of what i should upgrade too. My car is street driven all the time...rarly do i go to the track, but if i do i'd like to handle the abuse.
Heres my current set up:

2.5L bored 40 over.
Cast crank/cast pistons.
782 ported head with upgraded springs
Ported exhaust manifold
8valve custom intake manifold
52mm TB
+20 injectors
s-60 turbo
3in exhaust from turbo
Dualcore intercooler
MBC set to around 15-16psi (would like to get up to 20psi)
a555 tranny

Right now with my t2/t3 clutch, it sometimes slips when flooring it in 1st or 2nd....well most of the time actually. I havn't even tried turning it up to 20 psi...

So anyones suggestions would help me out a bunch.

Thanks!

Tom

cordes
06-11-2012, 11:22 AM
I have had really good luck with the TU clutches.

89ShelbyGuy
06-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Yea, i plan on getting a TU clutch....do i just go by the torque it is good for? I am kinda looking for feedback from other users....i drive the car to and from work which is about 40 miles round trip with stop and go traffic sometimes....i want a performance clutch but not one that will kill my left leg....

turbovanmanČ
06-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Purple plate and then ask Chris what disc to use. Its a wicked PP and doesn't kill your left leg.

85glht
06-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Purple plate and then ask Chris what disc to use. Its a wicked PP and doesn't kill your left leg.

+1. I have the purple plate and a four puck disc from TU. Works great!

I would definitely call Chris for his recommendation on the proper disc for you car.

speedfreek500
06-11-2012, 09:51 PM
X2, i have a 6 puck with a yellow pp and with my week legs it is no problem to drive at all and easy to press.