PDA

View Full Version : srt-4 headgasket or turbo

gifted1988
06-09-2012, 10:21 PM
so my buddy called me the other day saying his car was blowing a ton of white smoke. so i went to see what it was doing i asked him what happened. he said he was in a parking lot changed his tune to stage 5 and started up the hill. he was in 5th gear about three pounds of boost he said it started to smoke. he was still building boost to make it up the hill. but he said he was losing power. his a/f gauge went from normal to about 7.4. when i got to the car i hopped in to to start it to see what it was doing and all the started did was click like the battery was dead. so i did it a couple more times and it started to turn over had to floor the gas to get it to run and not ten seconds later it was smoking and leaking water from the manifold. so we left the car there and went to get the truck and trailer. towed it to my buddies shop got it up on the lift. started it and now the water is spraying from the bottom side of manifold. cannot see any oil in the anti freeze or water in the oil. he is running a percision 5557 turbo. any way i can test if turbo seal are not blown before i take the head off. also not water in the intercooler piping that i see. i am kinda new to turbo cars. but have worked on non turbo's for years. and never have seen water spray out a manifold like that. any info will help

wallace
06-12-2012, 09:49 AM
I'd say headgasket....and possibly a bent rod or two.

contraption22
06-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Turned his tune to stage 5?

Keito
06-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Usually if the turbo seals go, it only smokes on deceleration, at least thats what mine did.
I have to say head gasket.

turbovanmanČ
06-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Pull the spark plugs.