PDA

View Full Version : N/A head to turbo head..

BOOSTIFIED
06-06-2012, 01:58 PM
I searched, but can't find so I apologize ahead of time.. If I am incompetent...

So is it just the valve train that is different on the N/A head? Or are there physical chamber or port differences? I have located a head.. but it is a N/A and i am going with bigger valves etc.. so just want to clarify on casting.. I believe its a 90+ 782 head.. TBI car.

thx:hail:

turbovanmanČ
06-06-2012, 02:25 PM
782 are basically the same but the exhaust valves are different, the valve springs are a higher rate and slight intake port differences on the turbo head but most won't notice any difference on the porting.

This doesn't apply to you but the older swirl heads have oil squirters in the cam caps for the slider cams, rollers don't need them.

BOOSTIFIED
06-07-2012, 01:13 AM
I was reading something on the dodge garage about TS or something stamped on the turbo heads.. a different exh valve angle was it? any conflict.. ohhh wait,, it's claimed they run the turbo engines lean?

GLHS60
06-07-2012, 02:10 AM
TS stands for tapered shroud.
The turbo swirl heads had an extra machining operation on the intake valve seats that was in effect de-shrouding the intake valve.
Originally turbo engines had better quality valves but TBI heads eventually received high quality valves.
CD stands for cross drilled.
All T-II heads were cross drilled starting with model year 1987.
1989 model year T-I's & newer were CD and TBI started around 1991.
All T-IV's were TS and CD, some might have been OSJ as well.

TS,CD AND OSJ were stamped on the back of the heads, two were good, the third one not so much.

Thanks
Randy

I was reading something on the dodge garage about TS or something stamped on the turbo heads.. a different exh valve angle was it? any conflict.. ohhh wait,, it's claimed they run the turbo engines lean?