PDA

View Full Version : 4 play boost button cal

jackerman
06-06-2012, 02:13 AM
is anyone running the 4 play. i want to learn about this. how does this work. is it all programable timing, fuel curve and things of this sort. any answers would be great thanks

ShelGame
06-06-2012, 08:35 AM
The FourPlay basically allows 4 completely different calibrations on a single chip. You can then switch between the 4 calibrations. It doesn't allow you to have fully programmable timing, fuel, etc. To do that, you need a flashable computer, or a socketed computer and an Ostrich emulator (from Moates.net). But, the FourPlay will you to have, for example, a pump gas cal and a completely unique race gas cal on the same chip, different boost levels, etc. They just have to be pre-built and burned to the chip.

RoadWarrior222
06-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Hmmm, dreamin' of that on the 3.0, i) stock, ii) miser, iii) street performance*, iv) and experimental/tweaky/all out race
(* with driveability and smoothness)

... or do you call them 1st base, 2nd base, 3rd base 4th base???

ShelGame
06-06-2012, 09:57 AM
... or do you call them 1st base, 2nd base, 3rd base 4th base???

That's not a bad idea. Except, then, with the DoublePlay you could never get past 2nd base. Story of my life...:banghead:

Shadow
06-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Only heard of the dble play myself, is the 4 just a larger memory chip? (thought you could only burn top and bottom = 2)

ShelGame
06-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Only heard of the dble play myself, is the 4 just a larger memory chip? (thought you could only burn top and bottom = 2)

Only the LM can use the FourPlay because the binaries are smaller (16k), so you can fit 4 of them on a single 64k chip. The DoublePlay is for the SMEC where the binaries are 32k.

The DoublePlay doesn't work with the SBEC due to the unique chip they use, and it apparently doesn't like to be used with my latch board, either. I'm tying to figure that one out. Hopefully, I'll have either an updated DoublePlay that will work with the latch board or directly with t he SBEC...

jackerman
06-06-2012, 10:47 AM
so would you rob be doing the cals for the fourplay. that would be great thanks for info. ill be intouch

ShelGame
06-06-2012, 10:53 AM
so would you rob be doing the cals for the fourplay. that would be great thanks for info. ill be intouch

Yes, I can make them. It's an option when you order the FourPlay or DoublePlay.

If you have a chip burner and want to do them yourself, MP Tune has a utility built-in to stack the .bins together for burning to a chip.

DodgeZ
06-06-2012, 12:28 PM
I use the FourPlay on my CSX. I use it to change boost levels, I have 3 different levels on e85 fuel and then I have 87 octane low boost gas saver tune in the 4th slot. I love it.

Keito
06-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Rob,

Are you going to have any of this stuff for sale at SDAC?
I definatly want a 4play

ShelGame
06-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Rob,

Are you going to have any of this stuff for sale at SDAC?
I definatly want a 4play

I won't have a booth or anything, but I can certainly bring along a few things. I'll be at the car show, and drag racing all day for sure. Don't know about the rally since I don't have TM street car anymore...