PDA

View Full Version : No boost!

LeBaronMike
05-31-2012, 01:21 AM
Hey, I did a 2.2 tI to 2.5 TII swap. Its all running now just fine but NO BOOST! Computer is set to 15psi, (stage 3 FWD performance). AF gauge is running very lean. from complete stop to WOT no pick up at all. I do have a bad leak in the oil pressure sending unit that has not been replaced yet. Also re-did the vacuum lines. boost gauge is reading 3-4 psi. any ideas?

RoadWarrior222
05-31-2012, 10:03 AM
Check valve, it's probably causing your oil leak.

turbovanmanČ
05-31-2012, 01:43 PM
Triple check cam and ignition timing. If its lean, why are you setting boost? Check fuel pressure and volume.

Hook the wastegate up to manifold vacuum, you should see around 4-5 psi. Report back.

tommyturbo
05-31-2012, 02:30 PM
Not sure if it helps, but could be similar to what happened to me. I got a performance computer for my 89 GTC when i converted it from 2.5 T-I to T-II intercooled. The computer may be trying to toggle the wastegate solenoid in reverse to the original computer, so I had to switch the vented cap on the solenoid with the solid cap.

cordes
05-31-2012, 05:03 PM
Not sure if it helps, but could be similar to what happened to me. I got a performance computer for my 89 GTC when i converted it from 2.5 T-I to T-II intercooled. The computer may be trying to toggle the wastegate solenoid in reverse to the original computer, so I had to switch the vented cap on the solenoid with the solid cap.

That is a possible problem for sure. The 2.5 TI boost control is different than 2.2 TII boost control. The vacuum lines need to be routed differently for it to work correctly.

LeBaronMike
06-11-2012, 08:34 PM
OKAY SO! I hooked up my waste gate to an intake manifold vacuum line and i got 2psi. I fixed the oil leak by running my PCV into my intake so thats solved. I will check timing and pressures tomorrow and get back to you all. BUT here is a photo of my solenoid set up. Did I run any of these wrong?
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa434/mikeollivier/Untitled.png

turbovanmanČ
06-11-2012, 08:50 PM
If you got 2 psi, then your wastegate tension is wrong if you can adjust it or the can is no good.

cordes
06-12-2012, 01:00 AM
If you got 2 psi, then your wastegate tension is wrong if you can adjust it or the can is no good.

If he's only getting two PSI I bet there is no WG tension!