PDA

View Full Version : Idle and tranny issue after tII conv.

LeBaronMike
05-30-2012, 12:18 AM
So I dropped a 2.5L into my 1987 lebaron. Converted to TII. T04 AiResearch turbo. Stage 3 fwd ecu. Followed every detail on Donavan's dodge garage. Now we turned the key ad won't start unless throttle is open. Once throttle closes it shuts down. Any ideas?
Now to the transmission... Bought a a413 off a local seller. Had all paperwork with it. Complete rebuild. New torque converter. It's all hooked up and we go to put it in gear and NOTHING!
Any help is appreciated!!

turbovanmanČ
05-30-2012, 03:25 AM
Any codes? Is the computer for a 2.5? Does the computer have the MAP on it? What injectors did you use?

Trans, did you actually bolt up the TC? If so, could you spin it when hooking up or was it tight? Did you fill it will fluid? Is it making any noises? How much oil did you put in?

LeBaronMike
05-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Codes are 12 and 16. Computer is for 2.5 and no map sensor. Yes I bolted the TC and I spun it after every bolt in order to get them all on. I filled the TC with enough fluid so that when it is standing vertically it did not spill out. It's not making any noises and I put 4L of oil in.
For the idle issue could there maybe be an issue with the ais wiring or the computer wiring?

turbovanmanČ
05-30-2012, 12:44 PM
The trans should take 8 litres. Hmmmm. Do you have any pressure gauges?

Code 16 is no charging or low voltage, that could be part of your issue.