PDA

View Full Version : TIII Which timing belt?

bobconan
05-28-2012, 04:14 PM
I need a timing belt to use as a spare. Is one from rock auto good enough? Do the belts usually go under wot?

RoadWarrior222
05-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Every time I've had a timing belt go, it's been trying to pull out of an intersection from a stop... but that's not TIIIs

turbovanmanČ
05-28-2012, 05:06 PM
You want the italian one, Goodyear or Napa brands.

Turbo3Iroc
05-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Napa 250206 is what is in the car now.

JasonFlood
05-28-2012, 10:25 PM
That's the same belt that arrived when I ordered everything from Cindy. It says Gates Made in Italy on the box.

shackwrrr
05-28-2012, 10:48 PM
I think gates is the only maker. I bought two belts from Autozone and have duralast boxes but have gates belts in them.

bobconan
05-29-2012, 09:55 AM
I think gates is the only maker. I bought two belts from Autozone and have duralast boxes but have gates belts in them.
Cool . Glad to know that the zone has gates. Its literaly down the street from me.

Lotashelbys
05-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Yes when it comes to TIII timing belts there is one factory in Italy that makes then all from what I have gathered. They get shipped here and each of the parts suppliers label them and box them. I have seen the same numbers on belts boxed by Carquest,Napa,Autozone(Duralast),Gates,Isoran,Clev ite,Goodyear,ect. All the blets with the correct trapazoid tooth with the void in the center of the tooth are the Italian versions. The ones you dont want are a round tooth belt that says made in Great Britain and is boxed by Gates.

JasonFlood
05-30-2012, 01:07 AM
Yes when it comes to TIII timing belts there is one factory in Italy that makes then all from what I have gathered. They get shipped here and each of the parts suppliers label them and box them. I have seen the same numbers on belts boxed by Carquest,Napa,Autozone(Duralast),Gates,Isoran,Clev ite,Goodyear,ect. All the blets with the correct trapazoid tooth with the void in the center of the tooth are the Italian versions. The ones you dont want are a round tooth belt that says made in Great Britain and is boxed by Gates.

How dare us use an English belt on an English head....:lol:

Only the British...........