PDA

View Full Version : General: 86 600es parts, I need quite a few

1966 dart wagon
05-28-2012, 12:26 PM
this is a 86 dodge 600es Convertible.

I need a drivers side window scrapper, or outer belt molding.

Looking for a set of seats, yellow in color will conciser not 600 seats if color is same and condition is good.

Also looking for the convertible boot cover, I think that is what it is called, it covers the top when it is down.

Also Need a windshield, my local glass guys claims NS1 But I am still looking if anyone has any leads let me know.

Thanks,
Jack

martin kolner
05-28-2012, 02:52 PM
boot I have:

1. saddle (brown)

2. cordovan (maroon)

chryguy
05-28-2012, 03:58 PM
I have seats, and boot cover, but they are maroon also. I actually stripped the entire interior.

Bummer on the windshield, the one I parted had a good one...but I didn't know they were rare and let it go to the yard.
I hate when I do that. :(

CG

1966 dart wagon
05-28-2012, 04:03 PM
yeah, hence why I never throw anything away, its good and bad :D

What are the boots made up of, could they be dyed?

chryguy
05-28-2012, 05:59 PM
They're made of vinyl...

If you dye it correctly, and store it flat, I would think it would hold up pretty well. Probably much better than none at all... ;)

That wink looks demented.:lol:

CG

1966 dart wagon
05-28-2012, 08:58 PM
its a smile a : followed by a D :D

Reason I want it the correct color is I've seen something dyed once, ended up not last long, it was a steering wheel air bag for a 300c, and that part never really moves.

chryguy
05-29-2012, 06:01 AM
I've done seats before with the crappy 'spray can dye', and they actually held up pretty well.

I think a lot of the success and failure depends on the prep. The vinyl has to be ultimately clean, and then prepped with some reducer or thinner to sort of soften it.

Even with 'spray can' vinyl dye, and using the seats daily, it was months before you could see deterioration in the "most flexed" parts of the seat (sides of the cushions), and the flat surfaces held-up for years.

CG

TopDollar69
06-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Jack, did you paint your 600? It looks like it in the picture you sent me. The big thing I noticed was the Lebaron header panel. You could use those tan Thunderbird seats I gave you, they are just about the same color.

1966 dart wagon
06-03-2012, 01:56 PM
I did get it all painted Ben. I have a project log thead started on it. I had to put the new yorker grille and header since it was all I could find. The car looks great I wish my Daytona looked as good. I am now doing all the painting at work so I have had alot of practice between cars. the idea of usimg those thunderbird seats had crossed my mind im going to pull them out and see how they would look in the car today.

Dodge Aries K
06-03-2012, 02:20 PM
What color boot do you want? I have a white boot. I also have a windshield in my parts car but I'd have to have someone remove it since I would probably just break it haha.

1966 dart wagon
06-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Can u pm me some pictures of boot white is what i'm looking for. im going to call some more glass places this well I'll get back to you on the glass.

Thanks

Dodge Aries K
06-03-2012, 11:48 PM
I'll get it down tomorrow and get some pics of it.

1966 dart wagon
06-22-2012, 08:28 PM
TTT

Found glass, Looking for seat cover recomindations, I have a thread started in the resto area for discussion.

Thanks!
Jack