PDA

View Full Version : SDAC 22 Idea!!!

R/T
05-23-2012, 03:10 PM
In honor of the passing of Carroll Shelby:

Instead of a molment of silence - a molment of NOISE!!! :clap:

Revving motors, piping BOV's, a fit tribute!! :love:

EVERYBODY fire them Shelby Dodges up at the same time and salute The MAN!!! :hail:

The car show would be the perfect place.... :nod:

168glhs1986
05-23-2012, 04:38 PM
And then hit the launch control rev limiters at the same time.

black86glhs
05-24-2012, 04:49 AM
Great idea!!

Wonder how many engine repairs there will be?:p:D

cordes
05-24-2012, 09:20 AM
There is a rev your engine tribute coming up next week I believe.

Orangetona
05-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Great idea!!

Wonder how many engine repairs there will be?:p:D

ROFL! How true.

1FastCSX289
05-25-2012, 01:35 PM
I was thinking like a 21 car burnout salute.......think of the picture that would make.....getting 21 numbered Shelby Cars lined up smoking the hides in honor of Carrol.

Engine reving could be cool too......just no cool picture. ;)

RoadWarrior222
05-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Awesome idea Sean...:thumb:

... scuse me, just gonna hit up the dealers for the last of the NOS diff parts...

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

hummmkay, how's this for epic...

60 second tribute
60 cars
in a circle all facing out (this stops everyone wandering sideways into each other in a mass burnout)
one car takes off a second.
camera in the middle videoing, swinging round the whole ring in one minute.

BadFastGTC
05-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Line the cars up in a CS logo, light 'em off, be careful where the letters are close. Take aerial shot.

30 PSI SHADOW
05-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Then we will all be fixing 21 cars.....

zin
05-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Makes me wish I could be there even more!

How about combining some of these ideas? An aerial (and multiple ground cameras) edited together of the cars laid out in the CS logo, each one spaced out to allow the to burnout and leave tracks that become a section of the logo in rubber!

Heck make it a big enough production and the local news might show up and provide the aerial shots for us! ...

Mike

bakes
05-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Makes me wish I could be there even more!

How about combining some of these ideas? An aerial (and multiple ground cameras) edited together of the cars laid out in the CS logo, each one spaced out to allow the to burnout and leave tracks that become a section of the logo in rubber!

Heck make it a big enough production and the local news might show up and provide the aerial shots for us! ...

Mikelikes this!!!! then you tube it for the world to see!!!!

moparman76_69
05-26-2012, 12:51 PM
maybe just an aerial shot of the cars in the shape of the logo, could do one for each group of '87 #'d cars, or all the 87 #'d cars in attendence if needed, maybe get access to the roof of the museum for the overhead shot?

135sohc
05-26-2012, 01:14 PM
maybe just an aerial shot of the cars in the shape of the logo, could do one for each group of '87 #'d cars, or all the 87 #'d cars in attendence if needed, maybe get access to the roof of the museum for the overhead shot?

+1...

While a smoking burnout would look cool the odds of getting every single car going at the same time and getting a photograph of it all ? play the lottery and you'll win sooner. Not to mention if someone there doesnt wish to roast a set of tires, break a transmission or fry a clutch trying to get a picture.

zin
05-26-2012, 06:32 PM
+1...

While a smoking burnout would look cool the odds of getting every single car going at the same time and getting a photograph of it all ? play the lottery and you'll win sooner. Not to mention if someone there doesnt wish to roast a set of tires, break a transmission or fry a clutch trying to get a picture.

While a synchronized burnout would be very cool, I'm not that ambitious!

I was thinking more along the lines of the 21 car salute, having one car at a time do their burnout, from the furthest out inward. This seemed the safest way to go, since only one car would be in motion at a time and there wouldn't be anything/one in front of the "active" car... We would need a big space to do it, but I'm sure we could come up with something, all purely voluntary of course...

Maybe a bit ambitious, but certainly doable, with a bit of planning anyway...

Mike