PDA

View Full Version : 240sx....why even try?

87glhs232
01-04-2006, 12:26 AM
I had some fool try to run me tonight in his 240sx. I only had a 1/4 tank and was just having a little 5-10psi fun going home from a friends house. At a light I start a little quick, nothing overwhelming, but the first one out. As I'm getting to the top of 1st I hear the car next to me floor it. I look over and this blue 240 is pulling on me (keep in mind I'm not trying yet). I stay in first until he's even, then dump 2nd and let it fly. By the time I grab 3rd he's 1 1/2 behind. I lay into 3rd and let off about half way through. No need to go any further. We come to the next light, I look over and his girlfriend is looking from me to him and laughing her @$$ off. He wont even look at me. So the light turns green and I decide not to try, just to see if he wanted any more, ya know, give him a head start. Nope. He's burnt.

Not the best kill, but considering he had a run on me, and I waited (yes lifted a little) until we were even to shift, I'd say he got what he deserved. His rear handed to him, and his girlfriend laughing at him.:p

bansheenut420
01-05-2006, 04:43 AM
His rear handed to him, and his girlfriend laughing at him.:p
Good kill! Its always fun when you can embarass them with the girlfriend in the car :nod:

Dietro
01-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Any kill is a good kill! ;)

Gotta be real careful with the 240's though. Check out ebay, TONS of them have been converted to SR20DET status. In most instances, a 240 with a stock SR20DET will out run any stock or lightly modified 80's-90's TM. Simple bolt on's and they run easy 12's.

Will Martin
01-05-2006, 05:19 PM
You're lucky he didn't have a "Silvia" badge on the back. Those are worth 150hp by themselves! LOL But when I lived in Cali, I saw a ton of turbo'd 240's that were FAST. Sounds like the guy you raced was an average Joe. Good kill!

myplasticegg
01-05-2006, 08:03 PM
a turbo 240sx (yes, silvia badges on there...) spanked me in my van(A555, Probe IC, 8psi)

be careful of them... they are hellish from a dig.