PDA

View Full Version : Engine: TIII pistons

shackwrrr
05-13-2012, 11:23 AM
I am looking for a set of stock pistons to get me by for a while until I do a complete rebuild. I burnt one of my stock ones and the top rings all shattered. Mine are all "C" pistons so I would need those or "D" pistons. I still need to send the head to the machine shop so spending 500 on that has taken up what I could spend of aftermarket. I may go with some aftermarket forged if they are cheap enough.

4 l-bodies
05-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Aftermarket forged pistons cheap enough? That's a good one!! As long as they fit a SBC or SMF your in good shape. Last two sets of forged pistons I bought I thought there must be some mistake on the invoice.:wow1:

shackwrrr
05-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Aftermarket forged pistons cheap enough? That's a good one!! As long as they fit a SBC or SMF your in good shape. Last two sets of forged pistons I bought I thought there must be some mistake on the invoice.:wow1:

I meant if someone has some used ones for sale. I've recently seen a new set go for 400 and they are only 465 at TU. So used ones taking up extra space in the garage may go a lot lower. I'm not asking for a set of new aftermarket forged with rings and tool steel pins for 50 bucks.

Yeah it sucks that a set of SBC forged pistons cost less than a set of 4 for our cars.

iTurbo
05-13-2012, 06:39 PM
I believe I have a couple sets of used factory TIII pistons. I will look to see what I have available (A B C D etc)

jaysshelby
05-14-2012, 03:14 PM
I have a barely used(in the car for less than a month) set of .020 over forged Venolias with pins, clips and even has rings on them. 375.00 shipped

shackwrrr
05-21-2012, 09:26 AM
jay, Not looking for something like that just yet after looking at my situation, If I take on a full rebuild now I dont think the car would ever get done. I am still seriously interested in stock pistons. If anyone has a set on good rods I Might be interested in them as well. As long as they are "C" or "D" pistons and they are in good shape Ill be happy. Most if not all TIII's had "C" pistons anyway.

Turbo3Iroc
05-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Yes most TIII blocks were C blocks. I came across a full set of pistons with rods yesterday. I'd rather not split them up. Interested?

Abkshelby
05-22-2012, 10:10 PM
PM sent.

85boostbox
05-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Alan you beat me to it LMAO

shackwrrr
05-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the replies, I have a set lined up now.