PDA

View Full Version : TIII bought a car tonight!!!

JasonFlood
05-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Well who would have thought that I would be both the Second <AND> Fourth owner of the same silver Spirit R/T. The car I sold to Dan Culkin in September of 2001 is now mine again!!!

Glmwpg
05-10-2012, 12:19 AM
WELCOME BACK!

Been seeing your name recently and have to say I remember you being a silver R/T owner back in the day.. possibly even the RTML? it's probably been a good decade. FYI we don't know each other I just creep & read a lot.

Anyway welcome back and it must be amazing to get your own car back after all these years

JasonFlood
05-10-2012, 12:25 AM
RTML.....wow those were the days......Myself and I can't remember who cause it's been so damn long started the RTML.

Maybe Dave K???

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Hindesite is always 20/20 but I remember along time ago there was a 1993 IROC R/T with something like 620 miles on it for sale in Canada. I remember they wanted like $16,000 for the car. I think it was white with red leather. Wish I had bought THAT car.............

Glmwpg
05-10-2012, 12:35 AM
Yeah something special about getting that daily digest in your mail. Was an incredible resource at the time! I can't say who started it to be honest, it's simply been so long.

I hope your R/T is good to you.. pics?

Turbo3Iroc
05-10-2012, 12:51 AM
That's great you got your old car back.

JasonFlood
05-10-2012, 01:13 AM
It's the same car that is pictured on Ralph Scott's page both under my name and Dan Culkin.

turbovanmanČ
05-10-2012, 03:26 AM
Pretty damn cool, :thumb:

1FastCSX289
05-10-2012, 05:33 AM
I think SDAC is calling now! Where's the pics?

Lotashelbys
05-10-2012, 10:52 AM
It's the same car that is pictured on Ralph Scott's page both under my name and Dan Culkin.
Good to hear you got that car! If you would like I can change or add any info on Ralphs site for you.

JasonFlood
05-10-2012, 12:10 PM
That would be GREAT.......

I also need the metal gasket for the suction/liquid line mounting block to the sanden trf105. Do you know where I can it? Alot of the chrysler part numbers are dead now. I sourced the upper and lower radiator hoses from Autopart International through a friend of mine that is a store manager. Once I get them and confirm the hoses are correct I'll post the part numbers and price.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Now what happened to the registry? Did anyone get the vins? I'm hoping to be at Carlisle but the car may not be ready by then. Jackson are you going?

Lotashelbys
05-10-2012, 01:07 PM
That would be GREAT.......

I also need the metal gasket for the suction/liquid line mounting block to the sanden trf105. Do you know where I can it? Alot of the chrysler part numbers are dead now. I sourced the upper and lower radiator hoses from Autopart International through a friend of mine that is a store manager. Once I get them and confirm the hoses are correct I'll post the part numbers and price.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Now what happened to the registry? Did anyone get the vins? I'm hoping to be at Carlisle but the car may not be ready by then. Jackson are you going?

I know Goodyear makes the correct upper and lower TIII hoses yet. As for the A/C if its the gaskets that connect right to the compressor all you need are 2 O-rings. I just take the stock ones to the parts store and match them up with the green A/C O-ring selection they usually have in stock. All other gaskets are same as 8valve cars.....

What registery do you mean? I have ben working on Iroc R/T registery stuff but not Spirits. Im planning on Carlisle and I think you should have that car there its been a few years since we had a silver one...

Directconnection
05-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Jackson, he's talking about the Spirit R/T registry that Ramsdell was doing yeeeears ago. Cliff told me how many countless hours he spent doing process of eliminations and whatever it was that he did with countless vins. When he "got out of Dodge" I *seem to recall* that he put them up for sale with a ransom note about tossing them into the trash if nobody wanted to step up, as it was *his* time and effort, not the community involved. I talked to him 2 years ago and this subject came up, but damn.... I cannot remember if they really got trashed, or not...

JasonFlood
05-10-2012, 07:23 PM
The reason I was asking if anyone knew if Cliff passed the registry on was when I first bought my silver 92 on Ebay Cliff told me that at the time, based on my vin and build date of 6/10/1992, that it appeard I had car #1399. It seemed plausable because I know retooling usually happens around that time for the next model year run. Does anyone have Cliff's email address?

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

I would be willing to take over the registry if he still has it.

Directconnection
05-10-2012, 09:29 PM
The reason I was asking if anyone knew if Cliff passed the registry on was when I first bought my silver 92 on Ebay Cliff told me that at the time, based on my vin and build date of 6/10/1992, that it appeard I had car #1399. It seemed plausable because I know retooling usually happens around that time for the next model year run. Does anyone have Cliff's email address?

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

I would be willing to take over the registry if he still has it.

I have his # someplace... I'll take a look today/tomorrow for you.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

BTW... he's been on this forum a few times. It was just 2 years ago that he unloaded the last of his T-III stuff here and on ebay. Do a search of him and you should find his email that he posted (i remember him posting it) I think it's like

MOPARTEK@aol.com

Cindy should have it handy, too.

Let us know how it goes...

MNmopar
05-10-2012, 09:34 PM
I thought I remember seeing a post here or on the other forum about someone buying the registry from him? I could be wrong, but I could have sworn I read that somewhere at some point...