PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Mini color Idea

Lee'sdaytona
08-04-2006, 06:50 AM
hey everyone.
My 89 minivan is an off red, with the red interrior. Now, I have always loved the plum crazy purple color, but to paint my van that color, many people have talked me out of it since it doesn't go with red interrior. Any suggestions? My brother who was a votech auto body student thought if we paint it plum crazy, and then put the red pinstripes and turbo decals back on, it wouldn't look half bad...I'd love to hear your opinions...I'm not anywhere near ready to paint it yet, but I want some ideas
thanks,
Lee

BIG PSI
08-04-2006, 07:00 AM
hey everyone.
My 89 minivan is an off red, with the red interrior. Now, I have always loved the plum crazy purple color, but to paint my van that color, many people have talked me out of it since it doesn't go with red interrior. Any suggestions? My brother who was a votech auto body student thought if we paint it plum crazy, and then put the red pinstripes and turbo decals back on, it wouldn't look half bad...I'd love to hear your opinions...I'm not anywhere near ready to paint it yet, but I want some ideas
thanks,
Lee

Lee,

Can you post up some pictures of your Mini and maybe someone can photo chop it for you to see what it would look like..

Chuck

Dodge Aries K
08-04-2006, 07:01 AM
In my opinion, that sounds really awesome. The inside isn't technially red anyway, it's a deeper maroon so I think it would look freakin sweet. :)

BIG PSI
08-04-2006, 09:03 AM
In my opinion, that sounds really awesome. The inside isn't technially red anyway, it's a deeper maroon so I think it would look freakin sweet. :)

The OFFICIAL color is called: CLARET RED

Same color as one of my MINIs which I call RUBY

CHuck

mcsvt
08-04-2006, 09:20 AM
Plum crazy gets my vote if your already thinking about it :thumb:
Purple just does it for me :nod:

CanadianDaytona
08-04-2006, 02:29 PM
saw a purple mini yesterday and is was AWSOME...

Lee'sdaytona
08-04-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it would look good. I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow. Yeah theres a purple caravan in my town...but its not plum crazy...just some maaco purple....Ok I think I just may go with plum crazy :thumb:
-Lee

csteffee
08-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Excuse me but, who owns this car? It's your baby YOU do what YOU want to do with it. Personally, I think the scheme you're talking about sounds great. If it's what you want go for it.

Lee'sdaytona
08-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Excuse me but, who owns this car? It's your baby YOU do what YOU want to do with it. Personally, I think the scheme you're talking about sounds great. If it's what you want go for it.
well I appreciate that :) Yeah I've been doing some work for my dad's buddy he grew up with...he sold cars for a little until he got caught rolling back odometers :rolleyes: Anyway, he's a big BS'er, like any car salesman, but he did say if thats what I really want its my call...I just figured I would get some input since I'm not good at knowing what colors match with what...but yeah once I get her running good, convert it to stick, I'll save some $$, fix up the rusted rear wheel wells and get it painted.
thanks,
Lee
*walks out to go take picture*

Lee'sdaytona
08-05-2006, 12:25 PM
here are some pics of the beast. The oil, boost, and air/fuel gauges are from my daytona, along with the steering wheel and the radio
enjoy!
-Lee

Tony Hanna
08-05-2006, 01:32 PM
I think Chuck has the right idea. See if you can get somebody to photoshop it Plum Crazy that way you can get an idea of wether or not you'll like it.

WVRampage
08-06-2006, 06:35 PM
go for it I love that color