PDA

View Full Version : How can you tell a '85 T1 harness from a '86 T1?

Force Fed Mopar
05-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Or is there any difference? Trying to figure what harness is in the Omni I got from thedon809. I know it is a T1 log L-body harness. There are 2 computers with the car, one marked '85 Omni Turbo and the other is unmarked and the part number is rubbed off the sticker, however it has the MAP sensor in the case. Car was not turbo originally, was converted to turbo status at some point and then mostly stripped again before he got it.

There is also a turbo Daytona harness with the car, a T1 log auto harness, unsure what year but I think it is an '86 harness. Engine harness plugs look the same as my '87.

speedfreek500
05-03-2012, 12:11 AM
I was sure that the 85 harness had a orange map sensor plug on it, I discoverd this a few years ago. I looked at 3 1985 turbo cars and they had orange map sensor plugs and the 86 were balck.

I lost a good chunk of memory a few years ago when i got hurt so quote me on that.

Brian

iTurbo
05-03-2012, 12:19 AM
As far as '85 vs '86 L-body goes, I cannot think of any differences in the underhood wiring. I do have an '85 Shelby Charger and '86 Omni GLH Turbo harness though, so if there is anything in particular you want to know about I could check them out.

4 l-bodies
05-03-2012, 12:32 AM
85 harness at the LM connection does not have the green and red wire retaining plastic connectors inside them. They are physically shorter than the 86 red and blue connector. Also the 85 used the smaller distributor and HEP, while the 86 used the larger one. There are other minor differences, but those will identify it quickly for you. AIS motor and wiring on log mainifold TB was changed from 85 to 86. I seem to remember some A/C power/ground differences too, but I would need to look at FSM to tell you what those were. Obviously date code on LM too, but I know you know that (lol).
Todd

Force Fed Mopar
05-03-2012, 08:58 AM
85 harness at the LM connection does not have the green and red wire retaining plastic connectors inside them. They are physically shorter than the 86 red and blue connector. Also the 85 used the smaller distributor and HEP, while the 86 used the larger one. There are other minor differences, but those will identify it quickly for you. AIS motor and wiring on log mainifold TB was changed from 85 to 86. I seem to remember some A/C power/ground differences too, but I would need to look at FSM to tell you what those were. Obviously date code on LM too, but I know you know that (lol).
Todd

I'll check that. It is missing the engine harness. It has 3 plugs that look like diagnostic plugs, one is for the TPS/AIS harness and is by the booster, one is near the coil and the other near the PM. No computer plugged up. It has red and blue LM connectors, didn't pay attention to the retainers or size. Here's a pic of the engine harness plugs on the main harness.

DodgeZ
05-03-2012, 09:29 AM
I don't think it matters what computer you use, you just have to have the right distributor and hep. 85 needs the tall one and 86 uses the short one, just like the ones used in 87-94.