PDA

View Full Version : General: L-Body AC stuff, and + 20% injectors and 88 TBI roller Cam and rockers

PunKid
05-02-2012, 01:05 PM
hey guys, My 85 GLH-T was originally equipped with AC but some previous owner removed everything except the evap core.

So I am looking for

Compressor
Compressor bracket
Lines
Filter/dryer
mounting hardware

I am hoping someone has a parts car that has its AC still in tact.

I plan on buying a new condenser so I will have it when trying to fit the FMIC.

Also looking for +20% injectors and a 88 TBI roller cam and rockers.

Let me know what you have

I live in Southern NH Zip 03833

Thanks

lbaonocsetr
07-22-2012, 01:05 AM
I have a i guess u can call it an a/c setup (dont know how much of it u need) but i have the condeser, lines, compressor that goes on motor n the lines that go to firewall. let me kno if that help. o came off an 88 dodge lancer shelby

87glhs
07-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Buy what you can "new" from your local parts chains, and install R134a fittings.

New items would be-

--compressor
--filter drier
--discharge side hose
--gaskets
--condensor coil
--expansion valve
--low psi switch
--compressor oil (pag oil)
--R135a conversion fittings
--belt

Used items would be-

--compressor bracket/bolts
--high pressure side hose w/capillary temp. switch

The high pressure hose/switch doesn't seem to be available from anyone anymore, so that and the bracket would be the two items you should zero in on here.

The other items you really should replace with new unless you are into HVAC and can keep up with finding leaks and recharging the system every few weeks. The hoses degrade to a point where the gas/oil will migrate through the rubber, leaving an oily residue, and I would not pay for a used compressor unless I had all the parts to rebuild it close at hand.

The PAG oil you put in the compressor is very important, and the filter/drier should always be purchased new, especially since you will no doubt be converting to R134a.

I've read others have used A/C systems from newer model Dodge minivans. If keeping your car OEM is not an issue you might want to look into that.

Good luck!

onerippinturbo2
07-22-2012, 01:48 PM
i got brand new +20's still in the box from mopar, pm me if interested.

PunKid
07-22-2012, 09:24 PM
I will plan on doing a mix of old and new parts for the AC, but would like to get some used parts in there to start laying it out and testing stuff. I am cheap and have no problem using old parts.

what are you looking for the +20 injectors

omni_840
07-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Sorry I meant to reply in my build thread.....I've got everything pulled from under the hood. PM me an offer:thumb:

onerippinturbo2
07-23-2012, 02:11 PM
140.00 shipped for the+20's they are new in box.

makeshiftracing
07-24-2012, 03:41 AM
Underhood parts including compressor, bracket, hardware and hoses from 87 Shelby Z $110 shipped. I can email photos