PDA

View Full Version : FS: '87 Shelby GLHS #895

Una
08-04-2006, 12:25 AM
I'm selling my '87 GLHS #895. Recently got it on the road with an engine I bought from someone on the SDML, guy claimed the engine was a 55k mile true T2 motor. It wasn't. Anyways, the car is still running and driveable, but I wouldn't want to drive it more than maybe down to Oregon. Passenger front wheel bearing is shot, and growls. Has an A555 with Stefan's awesome rod linkage shift adapter, and heim joints on those rods. The A555 leaks oil profusely. The engine leaks oil profusely. The power steering leaks profusely. The front crumple zones have been crumpled and pulled straight by some backyard shop, really shoddy work and were never properly repainted. They have surface rust, I don't believe it's anything worse than that. The frame/floor is in EXCELLENT condition, not a trace of rust. All major GLHS parts are included, the Koni struts are all still functional, they ride fine as far as I'm concerned. Still have the intercooler/rad, but are not installed due to the rad needing to be re-cored. Still have the Shelby valve cover. The original 2 piece intake is included and installed. Front seats are a bit worn out but I'll toss in a set that are REALLY nice that I was planning to save for car show use only. Has a nasty crease/dent down the passenger door. Most of the dent is contained in the door, only superficially got the surrounding body panels. Still have the centurian rims, they desperately need new rubber. AC works and blows fairly cold. Car was missing driver's side front bumper extension, I have a replacement now, but it's blue so it needs to be repainted. As does the rest of the front end, the paint on the nose is just flaking like mad, was repainted by an idiot at some point. Fenders could use repainting too as they have some similar problems. Hood has a dent or two, probably easily repaired. I'll toss in a spare sunroof glass that I have. Car was converted to '87 electronics, with an underhood map sensor. I do automotive electrical for a living, it was converted properly, and I followed Shelby's lead on the upgrade, the map wiring looks just like the way they did the AIS wiring at his factory. Exhaust system is fairly stock except the cat has been removed. I recently went all through the cluster, all of the gauges work now, though the oil pressure gauge seems to read poorly at best. I put a Walbro 255 in the tank. The car has a new 4wire o2 sensor and gets good gas mileage. Transmission shifts great, despite it's leaky nature. I changed the rod bearings in the engine recently, which eliminated a light rod knock that was growing. I don't imagine that this is a permanent repair, so expect to find a new engine or rebuild this one when you get the car. I upgraded to a 24mm master cylinder and minivan front calipers, the car stops well. It does not have equal length axles. I don't have a stereo for it, but I did install high quality aftermarket speakers in the front doors. I also put power doorlock actuators while I was in there. I have not wired them into anything yet, I was planning on installing an alarm sometime soon. The carpet is stained dark brown almost black on the driver's side.. I think a power steering rack popped at one point in the car's life and dumped dirty fluid all over the carpet on that side staining the carpet. but that's just a guess.
I just want this car to go to a good home, aside from the body damage up front, it's a rust free car that should be treated well. It's just taking too much of my time and money, and not as much fun as I wanted, after having swapped in a supposedly good engine, and finding it to be junk, I'm really not having any fun..
Oh yeah.. $1200 firm, partial, maybe even full trades considered...

Una
08-04-2006, 01:09 PM
bump...

csteffee
08-05-2006, 11:49 AM
I know you want these to help sell the car but, If it works out I'd would be interested in the good seats you have for my GLHS #959. LMK

Una
08-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Yeah, I considered selling them at one point, but it's hard to put a price on them. And I'd hate to misrepresent them and piss off whoever buys them. Just not something I really want to get into.
If I have to drop the price to sell this car, all the bonus items are staying with me.

Tony Hanna
08-05-2006, 01:06 PM
Damnit man! Why do you have to live on the other side of the country and be selling it when I'm broke??

Una
08-05-2006, 04:55 PM
hehe, yeah, if the engine were in better condition, I have vacation time available, I think I'd have no problem selling it if I offered to drive it over to the east coast.. :)

87glhs232
08-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Damn you. Why not offer it up a year ago when I still lived there.

Oh yeah....you werent married then....expensive arent they?

Una
08-05-2006, 08:07 PM
hehe, yeah.. Makes my 4 door Omni seem like a great car.. :) Rent a tow dolly, borrow a cummins truck and come tow this car back to Cali.. :)

boost geek
08-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Is this car on ebay right now, theres one that fits your description...
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Shelby-GLHS-Shelby-Charger-GLHS-Dodge-1987_W0QQitemZ140013160047QQihZ004QQcategoryZ6465Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Una
08-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Nope, not yet. I'll make very sure everyone knows if I have to resort to Ebaying the thing.

boost geek
08-05-2006, 11:09 PM
I wonder how hard it is to get that thing across the border and register it...

Una
08-06-2006, 12:47 AM
Probably not too hard, I'd be willing to call it a $50 car on the bill of sale to help you with the attrocious taxes.. :)

Una
08-07-2006, 09:35 AM
Bump.. Anyone that's interested, I haven't had ANY real bites yet.. So I'm just tossing this car into my garage for the time being. I'm probably going to start ripping the engine apart this weekend, as I want the headstuds for my Horizon. So it's about to be completely non-running..

boost geek
08-07-2006, 11:47 AM
If I had some extra cash laying around, I would LOVE to have a real, signed, numbered GLHS parked in my garage! Unfortunately, I dont, but I have this Duramax 6.6 diesel engine that I'd like to get rid of, '05, still has the turbo on it. Why dont you buy a stud kit and leave that thing running?

Una
08-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Trade for the engine? I'd do that.. And yeah, I can leave the car running.. Just tryin to light a fire under some people to get them moving.. hehe.. ;)

boost geek
08-08-2006, 02:22 AM
Post some pics of that thing...

Una
08-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Still waiting on my father in law to give back the digital camera.. Will get to it soon.

Una
08-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Seen these pictures of it?
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2384415
Kinda small, but that's the car...
Not wet, really is that shiny. Too bad the paint is falling off the nose...

boost geek
08-10-2006, 03:18 PM
I Like!!!
Whats in it now for an engine, still the T1, with ARPs? Anything else?

Una
08-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Yeah, probably a T1 motor.. '88 motor. 2 piece intake.. T1 converted to T2 turbo, using the T2 compressor housing. 555 tranny.. Functional AC.. ;) Light rod knock..

boost geek
08-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Looks nice on the pics! How are the rear 1/4s, any rust on them? I was just in Seattle (Bothell) this morning...

Una
08-10-2006, 04:38 PM
No rust.. Aside from the surface rust on the unpainted front crumple zones. The front crumple zones look horrible, but I'm sure the metal there is still thick, just a bit wrinkled/welded upon.. The floors and usual rusty locations are flawless.

boost geek
08-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Underneath the hatch and doors also?
Sorry about all the questions...

Una
08-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Just went outside and took a look, this is a California car.. It's rock solid.. Where the hatch rests on the driver's side there's some rust. The same spot on the passenger side is just fine. That rust spot is really mild, not a big deal at all. The doors and jams are flawless.

boost geek
08-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Free bump. I still always think about this thing, but just don't have the cash for it right now. I'm also trying to figure out where to park it, although I do have room in the back yard, as long as no one helps themself to parts. All I have at the moment is that engine, not quite sure what to do with it...

Una
08-11-2006, 09:41 PM
I'd trade for that engine, no problem. I know a guy that runs a 4x4 shop, I'm sure I could get at least what the car's worth for the engine. I understand the parking problem, that's alot of why I need this car gone, I'm working on getting myself something that gets much better gas (or diesel) mileage for commuting. :)

Una
08-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Come on people.. Get this thing out of my garage.. I just drove it Friday.. To Tacoma and back (about 50 miles, including sitting in stop and go freeway traffic for half of that). When it's cold the engine purrs like a kitten. When it's hot, it's got a rattle that's a touch worse than the usual high mileage wrist pin knock. Like I said, I'm sure this thing would make a 300+ mile drive just fine, as long as you kept it full of oil (it leaks alot, but doesn't burn a drop).
In an effort to help sell this thing before I get a new car.. I'll drop my price.. $1000... Take it home, get it out of my garage.

Una
08-16-2006, 02:35 PM
Ok.. How about $950? I want this car gone NOW.
NUMBERED CAR FOR UNDER $1000 Don't say I didn't offer it.
Ok, and at 950, no Shelby Valve cover, no intercooler/rad, just a standard T1 radiator. And I'm keeping the spare seats/sunroof glass. Obviously those parts weren't making or breaking the deal. If I drop it more, I'm keeping the Koni's too. Luckily I think Centurians are fugly, so those stay with the car.

boost geek
08-16-2006, 08:38 PM
I'd still give you that engine but I have nowhere to put the car. My mother in law has a HUGE shop, would hold 2 33' motorhomes, sitting empty, but doesn't want anything in there...:banghead: :blah: :banghead: :censored: :banghead:

WickedShelby88
08-16-2006, 10:37 PM
darn it Brian if you were closer I would surely have that GLHS.. I would definitely sell my shelby Z to own one of those, but unfortunately my car is currently non running. I still gotta get that smec to you. So much to do and so little time....

87glhs232
08-17-2006, 12:47 AM
I called my buddy Dan in Oly for you Brian. He helped me with mine a lot so I thought maybe he'd be interested. Unfortunatly he's buying a new Expedition. I tried verbally assaulting him....but no luck.:(

Una
08-17-2006, 01:27 AM
haha.. Hope it's diesel..

Una
08-19-2006, 08:20 PM
$850 now. Bring your own gas, I drained the tank. Swapped in some 4 door base model struts, put the Koni's in my Horizon.. ;) What shall I remove next if it doesn't sell at this price?

Birddog
08-20-2006, 04:08 AM
Youre killin me!!!!!!

Lemme see if I can get storage near ya...(i't would be easier if it was a 4 door...:D )

Una
08-20-2006, 01:52 PM
:) hehe

Una
08-22-2006, 11:07 PM
I took pictures this evening.. Got two good shots of the dent in the passenger's door too..
http://www.dodgeturbo.info/glhs4sale/

Una
08-24-2006, 10:23 PM
Sold it! Got $500 for it from some random guy on Craigslist..

JMotorsprt
08-28-2006, 06:49 AM
Dang, I just found this thread. I was about to make an offer for the car and the parts I wanted. Is there anything you have that did not go with the car?

Una
08-28-2006, 09:32 PM
Shelby Valve cover, but that'll probably stay on my '83 SC.. Rad/intercooler combo, also staying in my '83 SC.. Koni's are on my Horizon till they wear out, then I may have them rebuilt.. Nice seats.. Priceless, not selling them. Sunroof, I've tried to sell it.. People only want a unicorn sunroof, ie, one with a FLAWLESS seal.. We'll see who laughs last when someone breaks their glass..