PDA

View Full Version : Front motor mount differences.

bgbmxer
04-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Putting the motor in my 86 sc and think I got the wrong front mount because it seems to short. I had a bunch of different mounts laying around and it's been a long time also. Are they all the same? Or can someone provide pictures measurements or even sell me one just to make sure.

Also I went from a non cb to a cb so not sure on differences there

GLHNSLHT2
04-29-2012, 04:18 PM
All 2.2 Lbody mounts are the same, the non lbody cars are longer and minivans are different from that.

bgbmxer
04-29-2012, 05:09 PM
It's not so bad with the stock rubber mount but with the poly bushings stuff in it is even further away from lining up

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj17/bgbmxer/09c9b1f9.jpg

BadAssPerformance
04-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Front as in engine to core support... Some differences.

Early style (rubber on engine half of mount) A,E,G,J,K,P (at least 3 different part numbers for different mount bushings and other features)
*Pics before and after badass mods

L-body (shorter) mount (rubber on engine half of mount):
*Pic after badass mods

Later style (rubber on core support half of mount) A,E,G,J,K,P (various p/n's)
*Pics before and after badass mods

BadAssPerformance
04-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Looks like you got the right L-body mount... if the mount hole is lower, with the side mounts not torqued down, you an put the floor jack and a block of wood under the mount and try to rotate it up into position with the jack... sometime they take soem sweet talking LOL

bgbmxer
04-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Looks like you got the right L-body mount... if the mount hole is lower, with the side mounts not torqued down, you an put the floor jack and a block of wood under the mount and try to rotate it up into position with the jack... sometime they take soem sweet talking LOL

I have no bobble strutt or anything hooked up at the moment to hold it from going up and down. It seems no mater what I do with the poly mount it's to far away. The old rubber mount the hole is set forward towards the crossmember so it fits better. The poly mounts hole is centered. Maybe the i need a different bushing but I thought everything 89 and later was the same. Got it off a 89 van i parted out.

BadAssPerformance
04-29-2012, 05:36 PM
The old rubber mount's hole was offset cuz with the weight of the engine, the rubber squished and centered in the square. The poly mount is pre-cented cuz it doesn't squish so it takes a little finageling to make it fit

bgbmxer
04-29-2012, 05:59 PM
K thanks a lot. Now I have to redo the brace I made tieing in the front part of the k frame. It hits the trans :(

Wonder how much clearance I should give myself from the bottom of the trans to my cross brace if I'm using all poly mounts. It's already a little lower than the oil pan now.