PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a good fix for loose SBEC pins?

1FastCSX289
04-28-2012, 08:09 PM
The bolt hole that holds the connector in is stripped out. And even when I really push the connector in tight, the connector pins seem loose....the car idles all irraticly and does strange things. Any suggestions on repairing the SBEC? CSX SBEC's are kinda hard to find!

black86glhs
04-29-2012, 06:16 PM
DO you have a tap and die set? I would find out the size and pitch of the bolt and go up one size.

Pat
04-29-2012, 07:52 PM
I JB welded the nut back in mine, let it dry for a few days and it worked out great.

black86glhs
04-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Oh, they have a nut in the SBEC case?

cordes
04-29-2012, 09:52 PM
Surely someone has the bin file for a CSX? Then you could just use another board with the proper cal on a chip etc.

1FastCSX289
04-30-2012, 10:38 AM
I JB welded the nut back in mine, let it dry for a few days and it worked out great.

Just completed the jb weld job on mine. I guess it wasnt actually stripped....it was totally missing. And of course the only nut I could find with the right thread was the too big for the hole in the SBEC. So a little "precision" grinding on the nut and some JB....should be good to go now. Im gonna let it dry until tomorrow and see how it all works out. If not, ill be going Cordes' route and buying another SBEC to socket.

RoadWarrior222
04-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Well, you could sit there for an hour or so with a jewellers screwdriver (sharp) and pair of fine tip needlenose pliers and "fluff" up clips and crimp the buckets slightly.... or sometimes you can order new terminals, and using same tools, pop the old ones out the connector shell, and resolder new terminals on everything and put it back in the shell... orrrrr.... you could get a tube of coolamp conductolube and very carefully, after cleaning out everything with contact cleaner, put a small dab in each hole with a fine paintbrush, taking great care not to smear between holes, and that might deglitch it.... or.... you could do the same with defogger repair paint, and expect never to be able to get it apart again.

1FastCSX289
04-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Well, you could sit there for an hour or so with a jewellers screwdriver (sharp) and pair of fine tip needlenose pliers and "fluff" up clips and crimp the buckets slightly.... or sometimes you can order new terminals, and using same tools, pop the old ones out the connector shell, and resolder new terminals on everything and put it back in the shell... orrrrr.... you could get a tube of coolamp conductolube and very carefully, after cleaning out everything with contact cleaner, put a small dab in each hole with a fine paintbrush, taking great care not to smear between holes, and that might deglitch it.... or.... you could do the same with defogger repair paint, and expect never to be able to get it apart again.

All options I am just crazy enough to consider if my new nut/bolt doest work....lol. Anything to save a buck. He he!