PDA

View Full Version : Window falling out in the minivan

QC DSM ESiT
08-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Okay so my turbo minivan has the electric back windows and I just noticed a couple days ago that every time I go and push the window out to where it should normally be the window slides out a little bit more from the big black clip like thing that holds the entire window on. I took out the window out and attempted to squeeze that black clip thing in hopes that it will hold the window tighter that way but that didn't work. Do you guys know how to fix this thing from falling out of it big clip. I was thinking of maybe just putting a bunch of glue in there and then pushing the window in but I don't even know what I should get for something like that. Any advice or tips will help at this point. Thanks in advance guys.

Lee'sdaytona
08-03-2006, 11:16 PM
funny you mention this....I had my rear flapper windows open today....crusing around in my new minivan...and they were rattling...so I closed them....I didn't feel like loosing a window...I'm not sure if your talking about the round black thing in the back that holds the window, or the whole front strip that holds the front of the window. In any event, I don't have advice for you...lol...sorry...but I'm sure someone here will. I'm interested to know myself
-Lee

QC DSM ESiT
08-04-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm talking about that whole front strip part. If your worried about that little round thing that holds/pushes the window. You can tighten that with a phillips head screw driver. Unfortunatly that part isn't loose for me otherwise it would be a pretty easy fix. If anyone has any advice though, then lets hear it.

Lee'sdaytona
08-04-2006, 11:38 PM
I wonder if Mopar still has any of these "strips" to sell, and you just replace the strip on the glass...theres probably a special glue that holds the glass to the strip...Maybe go to a junkyard and take the window apart to see how everything goes together...
-Lee

turbovanmanČ
08-07-2006, 01:41 AM
Mine did the exact same thing, take it to a glass shop or do it yourself. Just clean the channels and use some black urethane, :thumb: