PDA

View Full Version : Green 93 Iroc R/T For Sale $3000 in NJ

Blue Iroc R/T
08-03-2006, 10:33 AM
http://www.pbase.com/rmscott/mike_swanteks_rt_for_sale

I got a email from this owner (Mike) asking about posting it on my site. After back & forth emails, I think this car may not need very much to put it back on the road. Here's what happened.
Engine bottomed out in a dip at High Speeds.
Crushed the pan.
Dealer replaced the pan and found metal chips/shavings in pan.
Car was parked (4 years ago)
Car ran fine until time of the pan incident. 122K miles. Head gasket last replace at 100K.
IMO: Need to do a compression check to verify rings/top end. Then pan needs to be dropped and do a thorough inspection of the bottom end. I THINK the metal chips/shavings are from the pan hitting the Balance Shafts. Probably has NO damage to the crank or rods. With this inspections, you need to try to determine if (& how much) the metal went thru the oil system. However, with 122K on it, It would probably be wise to check and replace the rod bearings and main bearings.
Looks like a one weekend fixer upper to me. But, if buying it, you would have to consider, that you COULD wind up doing a complete re-build.
If you have any questions, email Mike, (not me) at RockingatMidnite@Netzero.com (or call him, his cell is in the ad on my site)

Blue Iroc R/T
08-14-2006, 07:11 AM
:bump2:

Bubba
08-14-2006, 09:15 AM
Wish I had the money and room...I'd have to sell my vert