PDA

View Full Version : Forward Motion Inc.

Wiscoballer
04-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Has anyone heard from them? I called, and they asked me to email them for info. I then emailed them, and haven't heard back.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/build_up2_r10_c10.jpg
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/build_up2_r13_c10.jpg
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/build_up2_r15_c10.jpg
I am looking for as many parts out of this as possible

turbovanmanČ
04-12-2012, 07:23 PM
I sell better plug wires, :eyebrows:, camshafts. FWD and TU carry exhausts. You can get throttle body's on here. UD pulley's are hard to find.

Wiscoballer
04-12-2012, 07:32 PM
thats what I really wanted. Didn't see a price for the 3.0 wires, and I think I am going to go with either the 87 cam or the diamante cam

GLHNSLHT2
04-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Keep hounding them. They're horrible with email.

roachjuice
04-12-2012, 08:39 PM
I think I still have a 52mm throttle body left from my for sale ad.

fishcleaner
04-12-2012, 08:50 PM
I know its frustrating at times but Foward Motion is basically a one man operation and has a lot on his plate, he knows stuff and is worth the wait. He is busy but not busy enough to hire help, tough place to be in.

chilort
04-13-2012, 12:00 AM
he knows stuff and is worth the wait.

What he said. I do wish he were more responsive and also focused on developing innovative new products for the older TMs like when he started. He still has a ton of stuff and can get what you need but also appears to have moved away from the 2.2/2.5L market.

Sundance 6g72
04-13-2012, 12:18 AM
I know its frustrating at times but Foward Motion is basically a one man operation and has a lot on his plate, he knows stuff and is worth the wait. He is busy but not busy enough to hire help, tough place to be in.

and thats when hes not ignoring the 3.0 crowed

ive heard to many negative things when it comes to FM and 3.0.

Wiscoballer
04-13-2012, 12:26 AM
I just want the Underdrive, I already have the 52mm TB, getting an upper plenum. Gonna go with diamante cams, grab a K&N cone filter, put some spacers under it and flip the intake. Want an adjustable fuel regulator, but will prob just pick up a different one.

Sundance 6g72
04-13-2012, 12:39 AM
they dont have the pully anymore.. and they dont feel like updating the site

at least thats how its been for the past year and half.

Ondonti
04-13-2012, 05:08 AM
I prefer to get my fuel pumps from them because he has them in stock instead of drop shipping. Otherwise I have never ordered anything there. One man setups can't cover everything AND pay the bills unless they are just a drop shipping company (middleman).

Someone here offered to make some pulleys if dimensions were provided. I would probably buy another pulley if it was Nick Boers style.

Wiscoballer
04-13-2012, 08:37 AM
That was I who offered, but no one wanted to take the time to get measurements

Sundance 6g72
04-13-2012, 11:20 AM
are we talking lightweight pully or underdrive?

id like a lightweight but same size pully so i know my current belt will still work. plus it will drive the altornator the same amount that it currently is.

i can get dimentions but i need to find time. Ill draw them up in cad.

Wiscoballer
04-13-2012, 11:26 AM
I want the underdrive, but if you can get me drafting, I can see what I can do.

I do have access to both a mill and a lathe, so this won't be a dremel build...

turbovanmanČ
04-13-2012, 12:55 PM
What he said. I do wish he were more responsive and also focused on developing innovative new products for the older TMs like when he started. He still has a ton of stuff and can get what you need but also appears to have moved away from the 2.2/2.5L market.

They make more money off SRT and newer cars. You gotta look on his side of the fence, why would he invest $1000's to make or keep product for a handful of buyers, most of us are cheap/frugal. Look how much hassle TU and FWD get when they bring out new products, they usually end up sitting on them as they are "too expensive" for the average TM'er.

and thats when hes not ignoring the 3.0 crowed

ive heard to many negative things when it comes to FM and 3.0.

You are less than 1% of the hi po crowd, I can see why he won't bother, its not a sound business decision.

Irocelectric93
04-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Actually....when in the past when I've called FM I've always been treated right and got super fast shipping and good products. The sohc 3.0 has and always will be a motor without an aftermarket. It's not a motor for the feint of heart by any stretch of the imagination. If you're not ready to do some of your own learning/digging and fabbing find another platform. Not saying you arent willing to do so as you've stated you have access to a mill and lathe. I have a FM underdrive pulley and to be honest id sell it to ya if it wasn't on the car and i have no way of getting to it at the moment.

Wiscoballer
04-13-2012, 01:06 PM
well, if you get a chance soon, I'd take it.

Sundance 6g72
04-13-2012, 01:51 PM
You are less than 1% of the hi po crowd, I can see why he won't bother, its not a sound business decision.

ive heard of them/him out right ignoring people face to face once they bring up the 3.0.

my emails stopped getting returned to. not sure why.

c2xejk
04-13-2012, 02:24 PM
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/build_up2_r10_c10.jpg
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/build_up2_r13_c10.jpg
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/build_up2_r15_c10.jpg
I am looking for as many parts out of this as possible

Not sure there is a reason to go with FM for most of those parts.

Camshafts are available from Crower and TurboVanMan (who posted above.) I don't know of anyone running FM's cam on the V6.
Air filter, go with a custom made CAI (Cold Air Intake)
2.5" exhaust as has been mention FWD Performance and Turbos Unleashed stock exhausts.
Not sure what is special about the FM 52mm TB, but I port the TBs for $25.
AFPR, find a good aftermarket one and come up with a way to integrate it. (many use the old style 3L fuel rail.)
UDP, I have moved away from it because of charging issues at idle. Soon the alternator will be the only item on the belt.

Sundance 6g72
04-13-2012, 02:58 PM
im currently drawing up the stock pully in CAD

BadAssPerformance
04-13-2012, 03:19 PM
I sell better plug wires

Was this ever proven? how?

turbovanmanČ
04-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Was this ever proven? how?

Quite a few have posted up the Magnacores start leaking voltage out of the jackets with age, mine and Rich's don't. Quality wise, I feel ours are better, I've seen MC's in person so I can say that, lol. Internally, probably all the same.

Ondonti
04-13-2012, 04:25 PM
My customer account at FM says "turbo 3.0 Spirit" or something like that. He will talk to me but I don't have anything to say to him. Its a waste of his money.

I don't have time to CAD anything nor the program that I learned on in school.

BadAssPerformance
04-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Quite a few have posted up the Magnacores start leaking voltage out of the jackets with age, mine and Rich's don't. Quality wise, I feel ours are better, I've seen MC's in person so I can say that, lol. Internally, probably all the same.

Wow, first I've heard of Magnecors leaking... The 15+ year old Magnecors on my Shadow that were on the Z before that still work great.

turbovanmanČ
04-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Wow, first I've heard of Magnecors leaking... The 15+ year old Magnecors on my Shadow that were on the Z before that still work great.

You need to get out more, :eyebrows:

Seriously though, a few people have had that issue.

Ondonti
04-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Wow, first I've heard of Magnecors leaking... The 15+ year old Magnecors on my Shadow that were on the Z before that still work great. Had mine for 10 years and bought another set about 4 years ago. I don't think I believe much of anything about resistance through performance wires being a measurement of effectiveness. Some companies seem to go as far as to add an extra wire in the middle of the bundle that is not meant to carry spark but to make sure an ohm meter reads low resistance. Taken apart taylor wires vs magnacore and the only difference I found was the magnacores have 88888 billion windings compared to anything else. I still don't think I believe magnacore or anyone else's claims. I like bendy wires that are 100% silicone.
I guess I have also purchased magnacores from FWD Motion. twice. I am cool with OEM wires until they start sparking to things though :P

BadAssPerformance
04-14-2012, 10:28 PM
There is a difference in wires, even between Magnecor's race wires and thir regualr ones. Their 7mm and 8mm are pretty standard wires, but the 8.5mm and 10mm have the eleventy billion windings spiral would core and 100% silicone jacket. Nowadays, lots of wire companes use spiral wound conductors... years ago, Magnecor was the only one I knew of... and yeah, back them FM was the only place to get them for our cars, LOL!

Ondonti
04-15-2012, 01:30 AM
Well I would only buy the super bendy duper spiral Magnacores, not pay extra for red oem style wires :P

GLHS-024
04-15-2012, 08:26 AM
I've got a set a Magnecors I got in 96 and their still doing great! They've been on a few cars but their back on the Z I bought them for. Man I'm getting old.... Seems like yesterday I got that big box of parts from FM. :p

tryingbe
04-15-2012, 10:06 AM
id like a lightweight but same size pully so i know my current belt will still work. plus it will drive the altornator the same amount that it currently is.

This, I don't understand why hasn't anybody made any in the past... 20 years?

Wiscoballer
04-15-2012, 02:24 PM
I will be trying to build one, if it works, I may make a few more and sell them

Ondonti
04-15-2012, 02:24 PM
This, I don't understand why hasn't anybody made any in the past... 20 years? For a 3.0 I don't know how you could make a lighter full size pulley. OEM is stamped steel and the a/c pulley is an extra stamped steel bolton. There are no gains from weightloss to be had, just lost money.

inmyshadow
04-15-2012, 04:31 PM
I always wondered this myself. My 3.0 days are long past me, but I still have my underdrive pulley and belts. Just encase I returned to 3.0s.

they dont have the pully anymore.. and they dont feel like updating the site

at least thats how its been for the past year and half.

Sundance 6g72
04-15-2012, 08:14 PM
For a 3.0 I don't know how you could make a lighter full size pulley. OEM is stamped steel and the a/c pulley is an extra stamped steel bolton. There are no gains from weightloss to be had, just lost money.

well thats relative to the price. the stock pulley is heavy. the part ac part can be removed but its such a minimal change. i did it to make access to the crank bolt easier with an open end wrench.

im not sure how light you can make a pulley before it screws with the engines balance. Thats something to think about.

spaceman
04-15-2012, 11:53 PM
Just for the record I've never had A problem with mike or. Chris at FM. Bought a few things from them. Shippinng was quick. But I'm also close to them. I'm considering buying more thinngs from them in the near future. Annd yes they have moved to the neons and what not. As there really no demand for our. Stuff. I've been to there place and have had a nice long conversation with them both. Seem like decent guys. Sorry back to the plug wire. conversation

Ondonti
04-16-2012, 12:43 AM
The 12 valve chrysler 6g72 has a harmonic balancer that the pulley attaches to, you don't need any weight on that pulley. Mitsubishi versions use a pulley/balancer hybrid and that is a bad thing for high power when you replace it with a lightweight pulley.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

The 12 valve chrysler 6g72 has a harmonic balancer that the pulley attaches to, you don't need any weight on that pulley. Mitsubishi versions use a pulley/balancer hybrid and that is a bad thing for high power when you replace it with a lightweight pulley.

The whole point of the Nick Boers pulley was to be an extreme underdrive, not really about weight savings. I could care less about my lights dimming if I bog the engine taking off in 1st gear. Whats that hurting? Why is that sensitive emotion more important then the gains to be had? I like the weakened power steering. I would never spend hard earned money on a pulley that gained .0001 seconds in the 1/4 but looked cool.

turbovanmanČ
04-16-2012, 01:56 PM

Why? Supply and demand. Have you priced out custom stuff? I was going to get some custom TIII gears made, I had it all setup until the guy couldn't go it, priced around a small batch, I was looking at roughly $200 A PIECE? So the shope, IE FM has to bankroll say a dozen and sit on the 10 for years, wasting money? You seriously think our cheap azz tm'ers are going to pay $250+ for a pulley? Not bloody likely, :p