PDA

View Full Version : Electronics: 90 headlight control module/ socketed 90 sbec

grim
04-10-2012, 11:09 PM
i need a working head light control module for a 90 shelby daytona. its the module that controls the pop up head lights . on mine its located under the steering column. im also looking for a socketed sbec . i have bought 3 junk sbec's in the last year. (please be able to test it and know for sure it runs the car.) i have really bad luck with them lol.

thanks
billy

Reaper1
04-11-2012, 10:58 AM
What's wrong with your HLCM? You know that they can usualy be repaired, right?

grim
04-11-2012, 06:30 PM
its gone . a guy offered to fix mine. so i took it off and gave it to him and never seen or heard from him again lol .

MNmopar
04-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Are you positive the specs are all bad? Sounds like it could be something else... 3 bad ones in a row are almost unheard of, or were they killed during the socketing process?

Your best bet there would be to have a vendor do the socketing for you. Costs more, yes, but they can test it and should stand behind any defects afterward.

I don't really want to, but if you really need a hl module, there's one in a local junkyard by me. The only pain in the butt is it's in a car that's stacked on another car, so it'll be hard to get it. Not to sound greedy, but if it's worth my while I could get it for you, but it may be cheaper by other methods?