PDA

View Full Version : headlight motor queations

88blue-z
04-09-2012, 09:54 PM
ok so im getting into replacing the driver headlight motor on my 88 daytona with spares from an 89 nose i have laying around i replaced the pass side no problems but the driver side is different it has a 4 wire plug when the 89 motor has a 2 wire is there a way to wire up the 89 motor in?

Reaper1
04-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Yes. If I remember right the older motors had seperate circuits for up and down. The newer ones simply reversed the wire polarity. If you can bench test it, see if you can do that to the 4-wire. I had a friend that did this many years ago. The only other thing I can think of is that some of the older motors also had a switch in them that would only turn on the headlight once the motor was all the way up. That is easily bypassed.

88blue-z
04-15-2012, 06:42 PM
made it work!!! all i did was cut the 2 prong plug off of the motor (a blue and a yellow wire) and wired them into the wires coming off of the 4 prong plug on the car(blue yellow green and black) i wired the blue to blue and yellow to yellow as for the green and black wires i just connected them to eachother and its been working great!! thanks for the input!!