PDA

View Full Version : Wheels / Tires: WTB Mean Mini needs a replacement wheel American Racing "star"

wheming
04-08-2012, 08:03 AM
One of Mean Mini's wheels is bent, and I'd like to try and find a replacement.

Not even sure what model exactly this wheel is.
American Racing 15x7 has multipattern under the center cover 5x100/5x114?

I thought I had a connection for one to replace the bent one, but it hasn't been located.
If anyone can assist, I would greatly appreciate it.

-Wayne

ShelGame
04-08-2012, 08:08 AM
I actually have 2 of those in my garage I've been trying to get rid of. But, they've both been painted flat black (rattle can paint) all over, and the center caps are missing. Stripping the flat black might not be too much fun, but I'm sure it could be done.

Just to confrim they're the same, mine say 'Cragar Industries' and 'Made in the U.S.A' on the back side along with 15x7 and some mold number stuff...

BadAssPerformance
04-08-2012, 08:47 AM
JohnnyIROC had a set on a Daytona he parted.. not sure if he got them of fit or if they want to the yard

wheming
04-09-2012, 08:43 AM
I don't have a pic of the back right now. I should hopefully get Mini back this week, maybe even tomorrow. I can take one off and get any additional info.
Not sure what the offset is on them either. And i'm sure they made more than a few of these...

Once i know if they are the same, we can talk.
It would be nice to find a complete, unpainted one. But if not, i'll take what i can get.
The acrylic in the centercaps of Mini's are all cracked looking. I'm not looking for perfection though on the wheels. Might eventually change wheels. But want to make it through SDAC with these.
Thanks!
And thanks for the tip JT. I'll try to send a pm if you haven't tipped him off already! ;)

my android sent this for me using Tapatalk...

contraption22
04-09-2012, 09:01 AM
There are services that repair bent wheels if it is not too bad.

wheming
04-09-2012, 09:06 AM
I should have thought ahead and did that while she's been slumbering over the winter.

My hindsight is 20/20 but normally I wear glasses or contacts... ;)

I should inquire and see how much that would run and lead time.
Anyone have good experiences?
I need to try and call Carl Tapias at Long Island Rim Repair (is he even still around??) He made the crabs on Slug.

wheming
04-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Took a wheel off today and took some pics.
15x7x35mm Mold 3
Max Load rating 1300#

There were other stamped numbers but these above were cast.

ShelGame
04-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Mine say max wheel load = 1600lbs...

wheming
04-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Other info match?

ShelGame
04-19-2012, 10:58 PM
It's says "15x7 JJ Cragar Industries" on one side and "34mm" on the other; "Max Load 1600" in between...

shmedley
04-19-2012, 11:12 PM
JohnnyIROC had a set on a Daytona he parted.. not sure if he got them of fit or if they want to the yard

He left them on the car when it went to the yard

wheming
04-19-2012, 11:15 PM
Hmm, sounds slightly different.
Wonder if my centercap would even fit it, or if that is different.
PM me what you are looking for the pair and shipping. Maybe I could use them.

The other thing I was thinking is to just hang my PT Cruiser wheels on Mini to drive up to Detroit. That way at least would save me buying 4 new DD tires. Already need new slicks for the races... This SDAC22 stuff is getting 'spensive!

87DaytonaPac
04-19-2012, 11:19 PM
http://wheelcollision.com/

One night I hit a chunk of concrete laying in the road while driving my Lincoln. Blew two tires and bent both rims bad. Sent them to these guys and when they came back you could not tell they were ever damaged. And yes, I got back the rims I sent them. That was seven years ago and those wheels are still on my car going strong.

wheming
04-19-2012, 11:55 PM

One night I hit a chunk of concrete laying in the road while driving my Lincoln. Blew two tires and bent both rims bad. Sent them to these guys and when they came back you could not tell they were ever damaged. And yes, I got back the rims I sent them. That was seven years ago and those wheels are still on my car going strong.

Hot damn!
Just visited that page, and let me say, I'd give her every bit of my business! :-D

ShelGame
04-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Hmm, sounds slightly different.
Wonder if my centercap would even fit it, or if that is different.
PM me what you are looking for the pair and shipping. Maybe I could use them.

The other thing I was thinking is to just hang my PT Cruiser wheels on Mini to drive up to Detroit. That way at least would save me buying 4 new DD tires. Already need new slicks for the races... This SDAC22 stuff is getting 'spensive!

They look the same, to me. But, then, without trying you won't know for sure. Mine don't have caps.

Honestly, they're just sitting waiting for my next trip to the scrap metal place. So, they're yours for scap+shipping. Shipping is probably going to be $25/ea, so maybe $70 shipped for the pair? Or, if you want to wait until SDAC, you can buy me a beer and they're yours...

turbovanmanČ
04-20-2012, 01:14 PM

If she's going to polish my wheels, I'll send them right now, :eyebrows:

ATaylorRacing
04-20-2012, 04:01 PM
I think I have 5 of those, but all in the 14 inch size....two with 20x8 slicks...$200,might deliver for a fee. Not beautifull, but very useable! ataylorracing@comcast.net 765-860-4328

wheming
04-20-2012, 04:36 PM
I really appreciate the offer Mr. Angelo, but they'd be too small.

I'm really just looking to replace the single bent one.
I'm going to call that place and get an idea of price to fix.

And next best option is Rob's pair which are very close. I could just run that pair on the back.

I have a set of SRT4 wheels here, but i may need to buy tires. I still have the original tires for the PTGT and could probably use those. But I wanted a wheel 7" wide.

The other thing i'll have to deal with is swapping out for some long studs. It's always something!

tryingbe
04-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Few of wheel repair service in Raleigh Area, NC

http://www.google.com/search?q=google+Raleigh+Area%2C+NC&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&tbm=plcs&sclient=psy-ab&q=wheel+bent+Raleigh+Area%2C+NC&oq=wheel+bent+Raleigh+Area%2C+NC&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_nf=1&gs_l=hp.3...41901.42312.0.42470.4.4.0.0.0.3.356.92 4.2-1j2.3.0.zDLcUnOc9xo&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=f3ea06fc0b57c408

Plenty of before and after pics.

http://www.rimspec.com/raleigh-north-carolina-motorcycle-rim-repair-and-car-wheel-repair/

wheming
04-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Wow, hadn't even dug into anything local. That's awesome. I'll have to check them out on my days off later in the week! Thanks.

So much to do...

wheming
05-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Well got screwed by this. That Rimspec isn't anywhere near Raleigh. They are in TX!
I called them and they said it would be around $150+ shipping.
Wow. Don't know what to think of that since i've never had that done.

Need to get something figured out.
Tried another place in Raleigh that was listed but turned out to be a residence. Can't google find what the heck i ask??

wheming
05-03-2012, 02:02 AM
Found a place in Raleigh and dropped the bent wheel off. If they can repair it'll be $125.
We'll see what happens.