PDA

View Full Version : TIII Car died while driving.

Thomas Powell
04-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Ok so this is what happened.. Went to the store (about 3/4 of a mile) for a drink car started fine and drove fine there. Got my drink and left once again car started fine and drove away.. About half way back to work it just died like I ran out of fuel. It still cranked but would not fire. I checked the electrical on the fuel pump and im not getting power. Not sure what to do now :mad:

Thomas Powell
04-07-2012, 05:14 PM
K so I went out and I ran a jumper from the battery to the fuel pump.. The pump works so I had my girlfriend crank it while I jumped it.. Still nothing.. I have power to my coil also but I don't think it's coming out. Is there an in line fuse I'm missing?

turbovanmanČ
04-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Any codes? Its possible the ASD relay took a dump or the computer died.

dds78910
04-07-2012, 06:53 PM
I had him check codes yesterday. No codes, he changed the relay and still nothing. I told him to check the cam and crack sensor, cause if one of those is messed up it's suppose to trip the asd sensor. But may be it is the computer?

Thomas Powell
04-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Won't flash at all no check engine

turbovanmanČ
04-07-2012, 10:37 PM
All the fusible links are by the drivers strut tower.

Make sure the ox sensor wiring isn't melted on the turbo/manifold! Thanks Carrol, hehe.

Thomas Powell
04-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Funny story about the oxy sensor let's just say I'll be hard wiring it behind the heatshield on the firewall.. As for the fusible links ill be checking them all tomorrow.. Any specific one I should look for.. Or just start one by one by one by one etc etc......

turbovanmanČ
04-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Just check them all.

Thomas Powell
04-08-2012, 01:24 AM
I hope the weather is nice tomorrow thanks for the advice maybe ill be able to do a easter Sunday burnout because I'll be so happy it's fixed.. ( I can only hope)

tryingbe
04-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Check to see if timing belt is still intact.

Turbo3Iroc
04-08-2012, 01:54 PM
I thought timing belt also after reading the first post. Make sure the cams up top turn when you crank the engine, common for them to strip the teeth off the crank area.

Thomas Powell
04-08-2012, 04:00 PM
The car is running now there was a crushed wire after the asd.. So it was acting as if the asd was kicking in.. Repaired the wire and car runs fine.runs even better since I also repaired the oxy sensor.. But I also checked the cam gears and the timing belt everything looks good thanks for all the help guys.. Oh and after I had it running the diagnostics system still won't flash any ideas on this.

shackwrrr
04-08-2012, 11:04 PM
does CE light come on when you turn the key on at all? might be bad bulb